- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
VBN/FloraHolland: Restricting patents in horticultural sector only possible in Brussels
"The national politicians fully support the plan to revise the Bio-patent guidelines," according to Eveline Herben, VBN lobbyist. "The lobby is now concentrating on Brussels and on parliaments in other member states." State Secretary Dijksma is putting the topic on the political agenda at the start of 2016, when the Netherlands again assumes the rotating chair of the European Union.
In the crop breeding sector, this topic has been an issue for much longer, and the VBN recognises that this change will have major consequences for the horticultural breeding sector.
Speech against patent law in the horticultural sector
Aad Van der Knaap, general director of KP Holland, gave a speech against patent law in the horticultural sector during the 'Horticultural sector is growing and changing' congress of Blooming The Future on 24 September 2015. He stated that the sector must join forces to make its voice heard.
Lobby of the politicians
"Since 2010 we and the Dutch sector organisations have jointly supported the lobby of the politicians," replied Eveline. "We are working together with agricultural and horticultural organisations from other member states and with European horticultural umbrella organisations. With all this collaboration, we were able to get Brussels to move and change."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 US: Economic impact of fresh produce industry
- 2022-09-30 Deals that were agreed upon months ago still have to be honored at the agreed price
- 2022-09-30 "How flowers and translations connect you with your people"
- 2022-09-30 Florida, the state of flowers
- 2022-09-29 Nepal: Wilted demand dismays flower traders
- 2022-09-29 ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 2022-09-28 "The situation in Europe has changed, but in Africa it didn't"
- 2022-09-28 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-27 Questions about how growers use gas to make money
- 2022-09-26 Canada-Carribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program update
- 2022-09-26 Responsible Business Conduct Agreement for the floriculture sector finalized
- 2022-09-26 Beige flowers: flowers that match current color trends
- 2022-09-26 AU: Smart Production Nursery factsheet available for growers
- 2022-09-26 UK energy support for businesses is welcome, but more details are needed
- 2022-09-26 LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- 2022-09-23 India: low flower sales lead to price decrease in Koyembedu market
- 2022-09-23 UK farm businesses to have energy bills halved as part of new scheme
- 2022-09-23 India: CSIR-IIIM organizes training program for farmers
- 2022-09-21 Indian flower growers eye co-op with Turkish firms to boost sector
- 2022-09-21 Call for protest collective: 'Keep putting up upside-down flags'