- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
VBN/FloraHolland: Restricting patents in horticultural sector only possible in Brussels
"The national politicians fully support the plan to revise the Bio-patent guidelines," according to Eveline Herben, VBN lobbyist. "The lobby is now concentrating on Brussels and on parliaments in other member states." State Secretary Dijksma is putting the topic on the political agenda at the start of 2016, when the Netherlands again assumes the rotating chair of the European Union.
In the crop breeding sector, this topic has been an issue for much longer, and the VBN recognises that this change will have major consequences for the horticultural breeding sector.
Speech against patent law in the horticultural sector
Aad Van der Knaap, general director of KP Holland, gave a speech against patent law in the horticultural sector during the 'Horticultural sector is growing and changing' congress of Blooming The Future on 24 September 2015. He stated that the sector must join forces to make its voice heard.
Lobby of the politicians
"Since 2010 we and the Dutch sector organisations have jointly supported the lobby of the politicians," replied Eveline. "We are working together with agricultural and horticultural organisations from other member states and with European horticultural umbrella organisations. With all this collaboration, we were able to get Brussels to move and change."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 Malaysia: Growers hope for government incentives amidst challenging times
- 2023-09-22 Auctioneer visits Kenya
- 2023-09-22 "For florist, fresh guarantee is key"
- 2023-09-22 "Successfully starting your own business is not something you do alone"
- 2023-09-22 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-21 "2023, a year of shifts"
- 2023-09-21 Prinsjesdag budget: Cabinet comes to take money from horticulture
- 2023-09-21 Glastuinbouw Nederland after Prinsjesdag Budget: New measures mark the end for many growers
- 2023-09-21 Climate plans calculated, CO2 tax still to come
- 2023-09-21 "Digitalization is needed to get so much trade right"
- 2023-09-21 NL: Subsidies for energy transition, but it's a quid pro quo
- 2023-09-21 UK "Footfall is strong but spending is down as the Autumn gardening season begins"
- 2023-09-21 Why is Crayola Crayons getting into the flower biz?
- 2023-09-20 Tuinbranche Nederland presents 2024 garden trends
- 2023-09-20 2023 fall trends in the horticultural industry
- 2023-09-19 UK: HTA and RHS collaborate to support growers transition to peat-free
- 2023-09-15 NL: "Possible gas crisis this winter mainly heat crisis"
- 2023-09-14 State of the Industry: "Plenty of reason to celebrate"
- 2023-09-14 Colombian nursery industry is thriving
- 2023-09-13 NL: "Not a bad summer for flowering houseplants"