- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “With this sheet we are seeing an extra 4-6 days of healthier flowers”
- Impression Naivasha Horticultural Fair
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Dutch Gerbera grower declared bankruptcy
- “Tillandsias are amazing living sculptures, used in the most various ways”
Top 5 -last month
Japan: Growing for domestic market, breeding for international market
Kentaro Manabe of Japan Plants Patent Corporation (JPP Japan).
A company that is supporting the Japanese breeders in exporting their new plant varieties is Japan Plants Patent Corporation (JPP). In a presentation, which was held today at the IFEX in Japan, Tokyo, Brian Upchurch of JPP North America explained that they can support breeders in successfully introducing a new plant variety into a different market. Not only introducing Japanese varieties in other countries, but also the other way around; introducing varieties from North America and Europe, for example, into Japan.
Presentation held at the IFEX in Japan.
JPP conducts market assessments of the new genetics. They investigate whether the product fits the market and the customers' needs. Then they also import and export the new genetics and conduct some evaluation trials. In these trails, the new genetics are put in the new environment. Then it can be evaluated how the plant behaves in that different environment. Besides that, they account for the legal production of patents and trademarks. "In this way, the breeder and nursery are protected. So, there will be no unfair competition as we can control the market a bit by offering this service," explains Brian Upchurch.
After this, the product can be cultivated by growers abroad, which are also introduced to the breeders by JPP. During cultivation, JPP keeps an eye on the cultivation process. "During the propagation, growing, pruning and so on, growers can come across challenges and may have questions. We help them to overcome these challenges and answer their questions," says Brian. In the meantime, JPP does the marketing of the product and manages the introduction.
During the presentation, they gave some examples of new Japanese varieties that are introduced in North America and some examples of North American plants that are introduced in Japan.
For more information
Plants Patent Corporation (JPP Japan)
JPP North America
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-28 China: "Our Tillandsia as 'table flower' brightened up the venue"
- 2022-09-20 Bulacan's ornamental plant industry gets an S and T boost
- 2022-09-19 Use of nuclear techniques for breeding ornamental plants
- 2022-09-16 US (VA): Business is blooming at Stonecrop Farm
- 2022-09-16 Feeding the soul: Violet Maston shares love of flowers at Sweet Violet Farm
- 2022-09-09 “Current demand for cyclamen is low but I expect it to increase soon”
- 2022-09-08 Illegal trade threatens India's protected Orchid species
- 2022-09-05 Induction of 2n pollen with colchicine during microsporogenesis in Phalaenopsis
- 2022-09-05 Wyevale Nurseries launches new non-climbing ivy at Four Oaks Trade Show
- 2022-09-05 Ornamental bananas as a new crop looks promising
- 2022-09-01 "Judging varieties in State and County Fairs or in our AAS Trials"
- 2022-08-30 Farwest Show voting attendees choose Nightfall Snowbell as People’s Choice winner at New Varieties Showcase
- 2022-08-29 Morel presents 10 novelties in cyclamen
- 2022-08-29 Colombia: Chrysanthemum Week ready for take off
- 2022-08-25 Farwest Show judges choose Nightfall Snowbell as best in show at new varieties showcase
- 2022-08-24 Fresh-cut dahlias now available year-round from Alexandra Farms
- 2022-08-24 "Chamblee rose nursery has the true fragrant rose variety"
- 2022-08-22 State set to be Swayampurna in marigold production
- 2022-08-19 How a rare Colombian flower is cultivated with Indigenous know-how
- 2022-08-19 The journey of an AAS winner from seed to garden