- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
UK: Neame Lea shows new nursery to 60 growers
Last week, they were putting the final touches to the £6M development that will combine the growing, packing and cold storage facility. Much of the design concept for the new glass is focussed upon the need to control costs by improving efficiency and reduce overhead. Novel mechanisation projects have been used to achieve these goals and some of these were on show for the visiting growers. One simple unit was using a belt movement within the packing area that contained a weighing scale and a water nozzle to correct any moisture deficiency. This is in response to customers’ comments that in-store losses often arise due to delivery of dry plants in the consignment.
David took the group in a round-trip that started in the packing hall and showed how the flow of produce from ‘goods- inward’ to packing and final despatch was now able to be carefully linked to the new glasshouse production and the cold store with bulb flowers, pot and cut flower production. After lunch, that was provided with sponsorship from Beekenkamp and Modiform, the group was taken to the original company nursery at Bridge Farm to see the crop of large cyclamen which is being marketed at present and discuss the way that the nursery is being modified to fit in with the overall production plan.
The designers and constructors of the new nursery and facilities at Neame Lea, Kees Greeve bv, were represented by Floris Berghout, gave a talk on the ‘tailor made solution’ and how they work on turnkey projects to ensure that the client has the production facility to do their specific job in the shortest possible time. In close consultation with the client, they undertake the detailed design of the systems and the specification of the buildings and equipment installed. They are responsible for the construction and managing the sub-contractors who may install the boilers, for instance, but much of the connecting heating systems are manufactured by KG Systems themselves.
For more information
Neame Lea Nurseries
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 US (CA): Eufloria Flowers in Nipomo showcase their efforts of sustainably grown rose
- 2023-09-21 US (MD): “There has to be a shift in understanding of what grows where and when here in the U.S.”
- 2023-09-20 Bulgaria: “Inflation isn’t withholding us from investing in technology”
- 2023-09-20 NL: Ever wanted to experience an exclusive Decorum Plants & Flowers nursery tour?
- 2023-09-20 “90% of everything gets started under the grow lights and inside"
- 2023-09-19 The Elite Group flourishes with multiple awards at floral shows
- 2023-09-18 Magical ASML and horticulture
- 2023-09-18 A peek inside the largest rose nursery in the Netherlands
- 2023-09-15 Denmark: Phalaenopsis market enters a new era
- 2023-09-15 Floral Chain takes home 7 ribbons from SAF's Outstanding Varieties Competition
- 2023-09-14 US (AZ): Phoenix plant nursery shows how to firescape home
- 2023-09-13 NL: Orchid grower switches to water-cooled LEDs
- 2023-09-12 US: Memorial tribute established in memory of Andy Mast
- 2023-09-12 “Mystic, a farm that brings you the trendiest flowers in the market”
- 2023-09-11 India: Grower pockets the big money thanks to marigold cultivation
- 2023-09-11 "For us, when it gets colder, we can do without flowers, but not without vegetables"
- 2023-09-11 Co-founder of Sonters Fern Nurseries, Val Sonter, remembered for vision and hard work
- 2023-09-07 Australian nursery owner reveals prolific plant thief
- 2023-09-07 AltaNova expands with extra location in Bleiswijk and tunnel greenhouse in Portugal
- 2023-09-05 In memoriam Rudolf van der Mark