- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Neame Lea shows new nursery to 60 growers
Last week, they were putting the final touches to the £6M development that will combine the growing, packing and cold storage facility. Much of the design concept for the new glass is focussed upon the need to control costs by improving efficiency and reduce overhead. Novel mechanisation projects have been used to achieve these goals and some of these were on show for the visiting growers. One simple unit was using a belt movement within the packing area that contained a weighing scale and a water nozzle to correct any moisture deficiency. This is in response to customers’ comments that in-store losses often arise due to delivery of dry plants in the consignment.
David took the group in a round-trip that started in the packing hall and showed how the flow of produce from ‘goods- inward’ to packing and final despatch was now able to be carefully linked to the new glasshouse production and the cold store with bulb flowers, pot and cut flower production. After lunch, that was provided with sponsorship from Beekenkamp and Modiform, the group was taken to the original company nursery at Bridge Farm to see the crop of large cyclamen which is being marketed at present and discuss the way that the nursery is being modified to fit in with the overall production plan.
The designers and constructors of the new nursery and facilities at Neame Lea, Kees Greeve bv, were represented by Floris Berghout, gave a talk on the ‘tailor made solution’ and how they work on turnkey projects to ensure that the client has the production facility to do their specific job in the shortest possible time. In close consultation with the client, they undertake the detailed design of the systems and the specification of the buildings and equipment installed. They are responsible for the construction and managing the sub-contractors who may install the boilers, for instance, but much of the connecting heating systems are manufactured by KG Systems themselves.
For more information
Neame Lea Nurseries
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 Podcast: Building a home-based cut flower business
- 2022-09-12 Marjoland Experience: "Connect with the customer, now more than ever"
- 2022-08-24 "The end product must be perfect and cultivation should remain profitable"
- 2022-08-12 US (OH): Red Twig farm focuses on quality vs. quantity
- 2022-08-11 “European market hungry for newer waxflower varieties”
- 2022-08-10 Lüers GmbH & Co.KG open house in full swing
- 2022-07-21 "Godlen Pond: Innovative packaging can lead to better floral branding"
- 2022-07-19 Guntur farmer uses drones to boost his Floriculture yield
- 2022-07-19 Tribute to Santosh Mhaske, Pune's top floral designer
- 2022-07-08 Grant Kees to join BioSafe horti division in Alabama and Florida
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones