- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Growing together: Collaboration is key for Walmart Canada and B.C.'s Rainbow Greenhouses
- Experimental study reveals impact of light spectrum on plant growth
- Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- Kolster presents new label Magical Garden Plants
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Floral design competition 'Out of the Vase' to be launched at Trade Fair
The goal for the event is to create a new dialog in the floral business environment about how to renew some of the floral design concepts to appeal to a younger generation and increase their usage of floral products.
The idea for ‘Out of the Vase’ came from a quest by Moshe Peretz, CEO of AVIV, to promote quality flowers of the Harmonie brand from Israel. Harmonie is created as AVIV’s answer to the needs of buyers in the new digital era where buyers need more information about the growers, quality assurance and standardization among suppliers.
Moshe Peretz wants to provoke inspiration to create new and innovative products that were not seen before, by enabling young and talented students to think ‘Out of the Vase’. The pilot of ‘Out of the Vase’, which was held for the first time in 2013, was an immediate success. It was then also decided to organise an international competition at FloraHolland.
The principle of the ‘Out of the Vase’ competition is simple. Talented art students from around the world will apply their talents to flowers. Not prejudiced by knowledge of floral arrangements, they will give free rein to their creativity and come up with surprising, innovative floral work. The students are coming from different artistic disciplines such as architecture, design, jewellery, fashion and textile. During ‘Out of the Vase’ they will work with flowers of the Israeli Harmonie brand and flowers of Dutch growers.
The presentation and atmosphere of ‘Out of the Vase’ is a unique competition format. The process is similar to the TV format of a live reality show: bustling, with all kinds of things happening simultaneously. The contestants have no prior knowledge of their assignments which are unexpected and subject to time limits.
To take a glimpse behind the scenes, Lucas Vos, general manager of the flower auction, FloraHolland, will on Thursday morning present the students with the assignment ‘Together’, whereby the growers and buyers serve as floral assistants to the students. The work of the students will be judged primarily for its creative content. The winner receives a prize of 10,000 dollars.
On Friday, November 6th the students works of art will be presented at stand 1.9 of Aviv Flower at the FloraHolland Trade Fair.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"
- 2022-02-14 "Dahlias: the new symbol of love"
- 2022-02-04 "Historic partnership leads to new focal flower"
- 2022-02-01 "More and more, special features also increase the sales of standard products"
- 2022-01-28 Fleuroselect announces Gold Medal winners for 2023
- 2022-01-28 Ebbing-Lohaus kicks off 2022 with newly bred primroses
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"
- 2021-05-17 NL: Van Vliet New Plants introduces Hebe Medieval line
- 2021-04-27 Amazonia White with Eye: South Tyrolean plant of the year 2021
- 2021-04-21 AmeriSeed introduces new Marigold
- 2021-04-09 "It is eagerly picked up by the trade"
- 2021-04-01 Hem Genetics presents new genetics in Pansy and Viola series
- 2021-03-26 Three new members join the Hollywood Hibiscus cast
- 2021-03-22 "Best possible growing experience for both seasoned and novice gardeners"
- 2021-01-05 Vitro Plus introduces 7 new hardy fern varieties