- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
FHTF day 1: Dracaena wall, MPS certificates and 1005x FloraXChange
This week, Vertiplant and Dragontree introduce a Dracaena wall in stand number 47.2. "A partnership that was established in a short period of time through social media (Facebook). During an exploratory meeting 2 weeks ago, we quickly agreed that both products suit each other perfectly," says Ruud Scheffers. "The result is something to be proud of. There was a lot of (inter)national attention today!"
The Dracaenas and Cordylines are produced using geothermal heat.
MPS-GAP for Mini Gerbera Focus and UNIVEG starts MPS-Trade Portal
MPS will be an exhibitor at the FloraHolland Trade Fair in Aalsmeer for the rest of the week. News came in from the exhibit floor from stand 51.12, that all 7 mini gerbera growers from the Focus collective have attained their MPS-GAP. And that UNIVEG is starting with the MPS-Trade Portal.
The cooperating growers of Mini Gerbera Focus (MPS number 804040) can already communicate that they have the MPS-GAP. Previously, Mini Gerbera Focus had already attained an MPS-ABC group qualification, so that they can collectively communicate that they all have MPS-A. Soon it will also be possible to attain MPS-SQ and MPS-Quality collectively.
In the MPS-Trade portal, it's possible to get an overview of the certificates of the supplying growers, and there is the opportunity to process data into useful overviews. The information is up to date, so it's immediately noticeable when a change takes place at a grower. "Because we are often in touch with a lot of suppliers at the same time, a portal with an overview is most welcome, says Chiel van der Kooij, quality manager at Univeg Flower Trade. “So we see the benefits of a portal, and started with it right away.”
On Monday, November 9, MPS concludes a busy week with the organization of a big international symposium under the name: Shaping the Future of Floriculture. Registration is done through the MPS website.
More and more growers are using FloraXchange - 1005 at the moment. That's also noticeable at the Trade Fair, held from November 4 to 6 in Aalsmeer. Last year, half of all growers were active on FloraXchange, while now at least 80% of potted plant growers at the Trade Fair are active on FloraXchange.
Map of the Trade Fair, with FloraXchange users in green
Not only the number of growers is increasing. The number of exporters using the FloraXchange platform is also on the rise. At the moment, 322 exporters make active use of the platform.
FloraXchange is an online communication platform that supports growers in spreading their supply. On FloraXchange, growers keep track of their product range, and from their the product range is publicized to the buyers they are linked to. This way, the buyer is constantly updated on the catalog and supply related information from the grower. In addition to house and garden plants, FloraXchange also supplies bedding plants and cut flowers.
For more information:
Jan van der Lans
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 Landgard Award for Volker and Dominik Janssen and Leo Berghs-Trienekens
- 2023-09-28 Rio Roses wins 4 ribbons at SAF 2023 Outstanding Varieties Competition
- 2023-09-28 IPM Essen and FDF announce new award for practice-oriented products for floricultural retail
- 2023-09-27 South Korea: The Suncheonman International Garden Expo to be held on April 1
- 2023-09-27 The Giant Company recognizes top performing floral team members
- 2023-09-27 Nominees for the 2023 Dutch Flower Awards announced
- 2023-09-27 National Garden Bureau’s Green Thumb Award now accepting entries
- 2023-09-26 US (CA): Finalists selected for The Pasadena Tournament of Roses 2024 Royal Court
- 2023-09-26 Lots of interest at UK florist for Flower Circus flower shows
- 2023-09-25 International seed sector discusses biodiversity and corporate social responsibility
- 2023-09-25 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Pasadena Tournament of Roses announces fourth annual Día De Los Muertos Art Competition
- 2023-09-25 Impression Kunming International Flower Expo in China
- 2023-09-25 Six Dutch growers organize 'the sustainable trade show of the future'
- 2023-09-25 Funding for growers: Biosecurity Improvement Initiative under SCAP program
- 2023-09-22 India: Festive demand firms-up flower prices
- 2023-09-22 New Zealand: Flower show marks 40 years
- 2023-09-22 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-22 Dümmen Orange Plant Scientist Receives 2023 Paul Ecke Jr. Award from San Diego Botanic Garden
- 2023-09-22 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6