- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
FHTF day 1: Dracaena wall, MPS certificates and 1005x FloraXChange
This week, Vertiplant and Dragontree introduce a Dracaena wall in stand number 47.2. "A partnership that was established in a short period of time through social media (Facebook). During an exploratory meeting 2 weeks ago, we quickly agreed that both products suit each other perfectly," says Ruud Scheffers. "The result is something to be proud of. There was a lot of (inter)national attention today!"
The Dracaenas and Cordylines are produced using geothermal heat.
MPS-GAP for Mini Gerbera Focus and UNIVEG starts MPS-Trade Portal
MPS will be an exhibitor at the FloraHolland Trade Fair in Aalsmeer for the rest of the week. News came in from the exhibit floor from stand 51.12, that all 7 mini gerbera growers from the Focus collective have attained their MPS-GAP. And that UNIVEG is starting with the MPS-Trade Portal.
The cooperating growers of Mini Gerbera Focus (MPS number 804040) can already communicate that they have the MPS-GAP. Previously, Mini Gerbera Focus had already attained an MPS-ABC group qualification, so that they can collectively communicate that they all have MPS-A. Soon it will also be possible to attain MPS-SQ and MPS-Quality collectively.
In the MPS-Trade portal, it's possible to get an overview of the certificates of the supplying growers, and there is the opportunity to process data into useful overviews. The information is up to date, so it's immediately noticeable when a change takes place at a grower. "Because we are often in touch with a lot of suppliers at the same time, a portal with an overview is most welcome, says Chiel van der Kooij, quality manager at Univeg Flower Trade. “So we see the benefits of a portal, and started with it right away.”
On Monday, November 9, MPS concludes a busy week with the organization of a big international symposium under the name: Shaping the Future of Floriculture. Registration is done through the MPS website.
More and more growers are using FloraXchange - 1005 at the moment. That's also noticeable at the Trade Fair, held from November 4 to 6 in Aalsmeer. Last year, half of all growers were active on FloraXchange, while now at least 80% of potted plant growers at the Trade Fair are active on FloraXchange.
Map of the Trade Fair, with FloraXchange users in green
Not only the number of growers is increasing. The number of exporters using the FloraXchange platform is also on the rise. At the moment, 322 exporters make active use of the platform.
FloraXchange is an online communication platform that supports growers in spreading their supply. On FloraXchange, growers keep track of their product range, and from their the product range is publicized to the buyers they are linked to. This way, the buyer is constantly updated on the catalog and supply related information from the grower. In addition to house and garden plants, FloraXchange also supplies bedding plants and cut flowers.
For more information:
Jan van der Lans
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper
- 2022-11-23 US (TX): Irrigation design workshops set December 13-15 in College Station
- 2022-11-22 US (IA): Noelridge Greenhouse to host tropical-themed holiday event in December
- 2022-11-22 Impression Schoneveld Cyclamen Open Days
- 2022-11-21 A wellness day with horticultural science
- 2022-11-21 Secure your place at the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2023
- 2022-11-21 Hillier partners with BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair for the third year running
- 2022-11-18 Trade Fair Aalsmeer: a hive of activity
- 2022-11-18 New lily named after top footballer Shinji Ono