- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
And BFF with the Dutch king
"Lucas Vos: "Paving the way for our growers and their customers to the Chinese market"
Under the watchful eye of Dutch king Willem Alexander, Lucas Vos signs an MoU with OurBloom. On Twitter, Vos reports: "When the king says 'You again?' then you know you do good stuff for dutch plants & flowers in China @FloraHolland"
One of the accomplishments was the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with YiHaoDian (YHD.com), an internet giant in China. An MoU was also signed with OurBloom, a Chinese floriculture company with innovative e-commerce activities. Further contacts were also made, like with Tencent, the company behind WeChat. This is one of the largest social platforms in China.
With these parties, FloraHolland will set up a number of trials to further explore the market for Dutch flowers in China from 2016 on.
Signing of an MoU with YiHaoDian (YHD), China's biggest fresh platform with a revenue of around 2.4 billion euros and 9 million active users. Recently, the platform was acquired by American retail giant Walmart.
Lucas Vos and Jiang Young, vice president of Tencent, the company behind WeChat.
Dutch TV gardener Lodewijk Hoekstra: "What beautiful Dutch flowers here in Shanghai. Unbelievable how great they look at this One Belt One Road event."
More information & photos of the trip can be found on FloraHolland's website.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-09-26 US: Association of Floral Importers of Florida works towards GSP renewal
- 2023-09-26 Dubai pilot export project: 36 orchid producers seal orders worth RM83.9m
- 2023-09-26 Mayesh director of marketing discusses introducing new products into the market
- 2023-09-25 Malaysia: Growers hope for government incentives amidst challenging times
- 2023-09-22 Auctioneer visits Kenya
- 2023-09-22 "For florist, fresh guarantee is key"
- 2023-09-22 "Successfully starting your own business is not something you do alone"
- 2023-09-22 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-21 "2023, a year of shifts"
- 2023-09-21 Prinsjesdag budget: Cabinet comes to take money from horticulture
- 2023-09-21 Glastuinbouw Nederland after Prinsjesdag Budget: New measures mark the end for many growers
- 2023-09-21 Climate plans calculated, CO2 tax still to come
- 2023-09-21 "Digitalization is needed to get so much trade right"
- 2023-09-21 NL: Subsidies for energy transition, but it's a quid pro quo
- 2023-09-21 UK "Footfall is strong but spending is down as the Autumn gardening season begins"
- 2023-09-21 Why is Crayola Crayons getting into the flower biz?
- 2023-09-20 Tuinbranche Nederland presents 2024 garden trends
- 2023-09-20 2023 fall trends in the horticultural industry
- 2023-09-19 UK: HTA and RHS collaborate to support growers transition to peat-free