During the recently held Proflora 2015 expo in Bogota Colombia, the country’s Agriculture Minister Aurelio Iragorri stated that with Colombia’s position as the second largest exporter of flowers in the world, there are sustained efforts to further build the industry to be the global leader.
Colombia comes second after the Netherlands, with flower exports worth $ 1,473 million to various destinations around the world in 2014. Foliage exports stood at $ 1,473 million in the same year. As of August 2015, Colombia has recorded an impressive $ 930 million from flower exports and $ 6 million in foliage exports.
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- 2023-03-20 Scottish parliament hears Environmental Horticulture Growth Strategy
- 2023-03-17 Storm, ToBRFV and hail cause above-average loss figures for horticultural insurance company
- 2023-03-17 "Customers expected to buy almost 1.2 million tulips"
- 2023-03-17 NL: "The tree nursery sector calmed down somewhat in autumn 2022"
- 2023-03-16 Average area of Flemish ornamental crops rises slightly in 2021
- 2023-03-16 Shipping lines refusing to cut capacity in price war
- 2023-03-15 India: New Delhi Municipal Council to start local cultivation of tulips for spring festival
- 2023-03-15 FPC Tulp discovers market in Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna together with Royal FloraHolland
- 2023-03-15 China: New-generation of growers return to their hometowns to launch horti businesses - successfully
- 2023-03-15 India: Sangrur flower growers seek government assistance
- 2023-03-14 UK: Aldi scales up Fairtrade flower-worker scheme
- 2023-03-13 Serbian roses on the rise in the EU market
- 2023-03-10 "Women's Day remains top day for the flower trade"
- 2023-03-10 Romania's flower market set for record sales over March 1-8
- 2023-03-10 Report Cut flower production sub-sector in Armenia
- 2023-03-09 Azerbaijan is one of main flower-exporting countries to Russia
- 2023-03-09 "Unhealthy and low-productivity firms benefited the most from Covid support"
- 2023-03-08 Women's Day around the world
- 2023-03-08 "Mimosa production lower, prices higher"