American Flower Endowment (AFE) announced the establishment of the Yoshimi and Grace Shibata Family Fund, honoring the late flower grower and wholesale florist Yoshimi “Shimi” Shibata and his wife Grace. Shimi passed away peacefully at home on Oct. 31 surrounded by family. The floral industry pioneer was 100 years old.
Founded by a generous contribution from the Shibata family, this new named fund honors the lifetime legacy of Shimi and Grace and their accomplishments in the floral industry.
“Shimi and the entire Shibata family have always been great champions of the industry,” said Executive Director Debi Aker. “We are honored that the family chose to establish this new fund honoring Shimi and the Shibata family through AFE.”
Click here to read the full article at AFE
- Account Manager – North Germany
- Operational Grower - Strawberries
- Retail Key Account Manager
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
Top 5 - yesterday
- California Spring Trials, day 2
- "Before the official opening, farms are already fighting for budwood"
- US (FL): Scientists warn of invasive plant pest; say early detection, reporting key
- Top-level Dewi-delphiniums from Kenya
- US (NB): Omaha greenhouse experiencing severe worker shortage, delaying planting season
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 "SecondFlor answers your wish of preserved flowers in the USA"
- 2023-03-20 US (IA): Spring on track for Iowa trees, shrubs, and flowers
- 2023-03-10 Funeral Flowers Arrangement same day delivery service to United States and Canada
- 2023-03-09 "Now up to 30% weight savings for the 5, 8 and 10 liter buckets"
- 2023-03-01 US (PA): Black women florists group blooms in the spotlight at the PHS Flower Show
- 2023-02-22 “Making the industry more efficient benefits everyone”
- 2023-02-21 "Passion and invention lead 2023 floral trends"
- 2023-02-17 UK: Bouquet of Valentine’s Day roses being sold for whopping £385 at central London station
- 2023-02-13 Arena appoints the UK’s first generative AI-powered florist, ‘Daisy’
- 2023-02-03 Above All Flowers and New Bloom Solutions will join forces with Black Girl Florists
- 2023-01-31 Brides swapping bouquets for onions as vegetable reaches luxury status
- 2023-01-25 US (MA): Springfield florist already preparing for Valentine’s Day rush
- 2023-01-11 US: 1-800-Flowers.com expands gifting plantform with 'Things Remembered'
- 2023-01-09 From small flower shop to flourishing global enterprise
- 2023-01-04 The rediscovery and lectotypification of Acranthera philippinensis (Rubiaceae)
- 2022-12-09 US: How floral delivery company FTD revamped its operations following bankruptcy
- 2022-12-09 Jung Lee made roses and iris stars of U.S. state dinner gala
- 2022-12-08 Malaysian florist gives unwanted flowers a second chance at beauty with her bouquets
- 2022-11-30 Focus on one single flower
- 2022-11-24 Floward to expand operations in Oman, provide more jobs for Omani youths