Agrovista have today announced the retirement of James Robertson, Chairman of the Board, after 43 years of dedicated service to the company and its legacy organisations.
As Managing Director of Agrovista UK Limited from 2001, James was instrumental in the growth of the company and developing it into one of the leading distributors in the UK crop protection industry today.
As an agriculture graduate of Edinburgh University, he joined the company as a graduate trainee in 1972 and worked through many roles and structures which gave him a great deal of knowledge of the industry and people working within it. James was always passionate about innovation and development of solutions for the grower and has provided strategic advice to many organisations and individuals throughout UK agriculture over the years.
His knowledge and experience has been utilised by many industry bodies including the Agricultural Industries Confederation, North East Biofuels and as Chairman and Senior Judge for the Farm Business Food and Farming Awards.
Chris Clayton, Managing Director of Agrovista comments, “We thank James for his outstanding contribution to Agrovista UK Limited and wish him a long and happy retirement. His input, guidance and passion for the company and the industry as a whole, has been a tremendous driving force in developing the business. His knowledge and wisdom have not only developed Agrovista, but also many other individuals and businesses within the sector. We wish James well for the future and we will continue to build on his hard work and vision”
James Robertson will continue to be part of the agricultural industry and in January 2016 will be taking up a role advising Marubeni Europe on their agricultural strategy in the UK, Europe and beyond.
For more information:
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We now have full control of our rooting container and substrate"
- KF Bioplants names two new gerbera varieties and Best Grower of 2023
- "May the White Force bloom with you"
- What to expect at the California Spring Trials?
- Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal
- 2023-03-13 BioSafe Systems celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-03-13 Voshol joins GreenV group to serve consolidating market
- 2023-03-10 US (FL): Royal Van Zanten showcases award winners at WFFSA, Miami
- 2023-03-10 Roobos becomes part of Floral Trade Group
- 2023-03-09 5 years of World Horti Center