- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "The best in flower seeds thanks to our independence"
- Understanding basic principles of lighting and its effect on flower crops
- "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- UK: Glasshouse nursery to let in Selby
- This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
South American growers eager to explore Chinese market
Tania Dolynko at the IFTF in Vijfhuizen.
Not much experience with China
According to Dolynko, not many South American growers have experience with the Chinese market. "It is a large flower producing country, so they never needed to import flowers. However, at the IFTF in Vijfhuizen, we met some Chinese importers who expressed their interest in large headed flowers. So, we have sent them some samples which they will test this week. In the coming two weeks, we hope to hear their feedback," says Dolynko.
Grupo Andes Farms produces roses and alstroemerias on 2 farms in the Savannah of Bogota-Colombia, with a total area of 50 hectares and employs more than 700 people. The upper photos were taken at the Monteverde Farm and the lower photos at the Flores de los Andes Farm.
Not varieties, but colors
During the IFTF, Dolynko noticed that the Chinese who visited her stand did not talk about varieties, but about colors only. "This might be because they are not familiar with these type of roses yet. Anyway, in general we saw a huge interest in large headed red roses. This is their preferred color. There was no interest in yellow colored roses at all," she says.
2 Valentine's Days
According to Dolynko, China is an interesting market because it has two Valentine's Days. One in February and one in August. "These days are widely celebrated with flowers and the one in August seems to be huge," she says. So, this will not only help them to increase their total sales, but also their sales during the low-season. "Our main markets are the USA, Russia, Ukraine, Europe and Japan. In these markets, the demand for flowers is low in August. So when adding China as an export market, we might also add an extra sales peak in the year."
For more infrormation
Grupo Andes Farms
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Anthura Bologna: "irresistible"
- 2022-12-01 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-12-01 Millcreek Gardens introduces new account manager & office sales supervisor
- 2022-12-01 Podcast: Flower farming on Hawaii’s Big Island with Christian Ingalls of Daisy Dukes Flower Farm
- 2022-12-01 NL: AltaNova takes over Nertera cultivation from Kooij Nertera Natural
- 2022-12-01 This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
- 2022-12-01 New: Santini 'Jinda Red'
- 2022-12-01 "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- 2022-11-30 UK: New Leaf Plants teams up with Joy of Plants
- 2022-11-30 McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- 2022-11-30 Hoffman Nursery gives update on growing stock
- 2022-11-30 Centre for high-tech protected cropping systems launched to climate-proof crop production
- 2022-11-30 Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!