- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- This is the year the My Beautiful Matcha will be more widely introduced
- "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
‘Tis the season for the scent of Sarcococca
Commonly known as ‘sweet box’ or ‘Christmas Box’, this evergreen shrub is very sweetly scented with an aroma of vanilla essence. Its fragrant white flowers decorate the garden over winter and early spring, followed by red and black berries.
While boasting scent and beauty, Sarcococca is also tough, reliable and very easy to grow. It’s perfect for a shady border and containers or as ground cover, growing slowly and gradually to form low-growing mounds of evergreen foliage.
A tip for the season is to cut shoots and bring them inside to add to flower arrangements at Christmas time.
Founder of the Edible Bus Stop and former Chanel model, Mak Gilchrist says, “This plant has an incredibly intense scent and thrives at a time of year where there is little scent in the garden. I particularly like that about it. It's a sensuous indulgence in the deep mid-winter.”
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-31 A simple idea to increase online sales
- 2022-10-12 Floriade Expo 2022 prequel to Hortus, a sustainable urban district
- 2022-09-22 How to build an on-demand flower delivery app like Floward?
- 2022-09-08 India: Kerala smells a change, flowers bloom on farms
- 2022-09-02 Consumer trends are unique to each generation
- 2022-08-26 What should you be posting on social media?
- 2022-08-23 How consumer shopping continues to evolve after pandemic
- 2022-08-23 Market flowers to millennials and generation Z
- 2022-08-22 Costa Farms pivots to consumer marketing
- 2022-08-17 Flowers sold at low price to avoid waste in Koyambedu
- 2022-08-17 Why should all companies with an interest in the U.S. market participate in “That Flower Feeling“ campaign?
- 2022-08-12 "The consumer is not standing next to the plants with a laptop to see if they meet the right specifications"
- 2022-08-12 SAF's Petal it Forward on October 19, 2022
- 2022-08-09 National Garden Bureau rolls out six plant classes for the 2023 “Year of the” Program
- 2022-07-21 7 top Facebook trends for 2022 to incorporate into marketing strategy
- 2022-07-04 Schoneveld Breeding portal: more marketing materials available
- 2022-06-15 US (OH): ScottsMiracle-Gro reduces outlook for sales
- 2022-06-07 The opportunities and possibilities of a single packaging unit sticker
- 2022-06-02 Five points to consider when developing flower industry website
- 2022-05-24 ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value