- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “With this sheet we are seeing an extra 4-6 days of healthier flowers”
- Impression Naivasha Horticultural Fair
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Dutch Gerbera grower declared bankruptcy
- “Tillandsias are amazing living sculptures, used in the most various ways”
Top 5 -last month
MPS and GlobalGAP to cooperate
CEO’s Kristian Moeller (GLOBALG.A.P.) and Theo de Groot (MPS) shaking hands.
The partnership will combine the MPS-ABC system with the GLOBALG.A.P. certification standard. Growers will be offered a one-stop solution: two certificates with a single audit, with the additional benefit of having access to the MPS-GAP Brand when these assessments are also combined with GRASP.
“Our aim is to offer a single point of entry for growers and their retail customers to demonstrate their progress towards sustainability”, said Theo de Groot, Director of MPS, “because we recognize the trend toward asking for more data and transparency in combination with good practice (G.A.P.) certification in the coming years.”
“We need to reduce complexity and eliminate duplication, thus offering a more cost-efficient solution for those producers who need to demonstrate compliance with both standards,” added Dr. Kristian Moeller, CEO of GLOBALG.A.P. “At the same time we have to take into account the growers’ legitimate data privacy requirements in our efforts to develop transparent, validated and integrated solutions.”
The cooperation is a non-exclusive partnership of two independent organizations as a response to emerging market demand for more collaboration and more flexible tools to demonstrate compliance with customer requirements.
It provides mutual advantages as it gives GLOBALG.A.P. a data analytics add-on and the ability to make use of the MPS Socially Qualified module, while MPS can tap into the network of GLOBALG.A.P.’s certification bodies.
A first pilot has been successfully conducted and promises to provide real savings to those producers who are required to show proof of both certificates. An audit for both GLOBALG.A.P. and MPS-ABC has been done at Gärtnersiedlung in Rain am Lech (Germany) by BCS.
For more information
Arjan van der Meer
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-28 David van Mechelen reappointed as CFO of Royal FloraHolland
- 2022-09-28 HTA appoints Fran Barnes as Chief Executive
- 2022-09-28 AIPH elects new President
- 2022-09-28 Syngenta Flowers announces collaboration with Polish begonia breeder
- 2022-09-28 Dutch Young Executives group visits Israel’s Volcani center with DryGair
- 2022-09-28 Desch presents Colour Your Story spring/summer 2023
- 2022-09-28 The Forever Flowers are planted at Santiago, Ecuador
- 2022-09-28 The Bloom Show September 2022: Discover the new technology behind RipeLocker
- 2022-09-28 Small quantities of fruit in environment-friendly packaging is a global trend
- 2022-09-27 News from Royal FloraHolland: Logistics not as intended
- 2022-09-27 Belgium: Deforche Construction Group ready to go to the next level
- 2022-09-26 Tangchao – Activities at Benary's fourth breeding center moving fast in China
- 2022-09-23 "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
- 2022-09-23 No damage to Kingpeng greenhouse after hurricane Fiona
- 2022-09-23 The National Horticulture Foundation commemorates Phil Cialone
- 2022-09-23 "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- 2022-09-23 West Hancock FFA chapter receives $1,500 donation for greenhouse plants
- 2022-09-23 Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- 2022-09-22 Fresh blood from outside and a wider range of unusual houseplants at Dynaplant
- 2022-09-22 CEA developing rapidly in China