- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
MPS and GlobalGAP to cooperate
CEO’s Kristian Moeller (GLOBALG.A.P.) and Theo de Groot (MPS) shaking hands.
The partnership will combine the MPS-ABC system with the GLOBALG.A.P. certification standard. Growers will be offered a one-stop solution: two certificates with a single audit, with the additional benefit of having access to the MPS-GAP Brand when these assessments are also combined with GRASP.
“Our aim is to offer a single point of entry for growers and their retail customers to demonstrate their progress towards sustainability”, said Theo de Groot, Director of MPS, “because we recognize the trend toward asking for more data and transparency in combination with good practice (G.A.P.) certification in the coming years.”
“We need to reduce complexity and eliminate duplication, thus offering a more cost-efficient solution for those producers who need to demonstrate compliance with both standards,” added Dr. Kristian Moeller, CEO of GLOBALG.A.P. “At the same time we have to take into account the growers’ legitimate data privacy requirements in our efforts to develop transparent, validated and integrated solutions.”
The cooperation is a non-exclusive partnership of two independent organizations as a response to emerging market demand for more collaboration and more flexible tools to demonstrate compliance with customer requirements.
It provides mutual advantages as it gives GLOBALG.A.P. a data analytics add-on and the ability to make use of the MPS Socially Qualified module, while MPS can tap into the network of GLOBALG.A.P.’s certification bodies.
A first pilot has been successfully conducted and promises to provide real savings to those producers who are required to show proof of both certificates. An audit for both GLOBALG.A.P. and MPS-ABC has been done at Gärtnersiedlung in Rain am Lech (Germany) by BCS.
For more information
Arjan van der Meer
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Manufacturing license and distribution rights available for rotating table stand system
- 2022-01-26 Pleasant View Gardens releases new 2022 Retailer/Landscaper guide
- 2022-01-26 Horticultural research institute kicks off 60th year
- 2022-01-26 PanAmerican Seed continues charitable give-back
- 2022-01-26 "This strategic partner powerfully strengthens our logistics capability"
- 2022-01-26 West Australian plant breeder honoured on Australia Day
- 2022-01-25 "They speak our language"
- 2022-01-25 US (AL): City of Boaz donates $10,000 to Snead State horticulture program
- 2022-01-25 Ag RNA-based tech firm to expand R&D center
- 2022-01-25 Anthurinfo from three to ten times a year
- 2022-01-25 "Finally, a white spider"
- 2022-01-24 Certified American Grown announces new membership opportunities
- 2022-01-24 "COVID-19, a whirlwind, snowstorm and now the energy crisis"
- 2022-01-24 Phalaenopsis is the rising sun of Dümmen Orange in Asia-Pacific
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-24 LEDs or HPS for potted lilies?
- 2022-01-21 IRTA develops a bioreactor that reduces the handling time of in vitro plant cultures by 80%
- 2022-01-21 Rose breeder interplant Roses celebrates 60th anniversary
- 2022-01-20 “Committed underwriters keep Life In Bloom TV show growing”
- 2022-01-20 Garden center consumer research results and webinar