At the moment, there is some turbulence regarding Ralstonia (brown rot) in roses, as recently reported on FloralDaily. In 2007, professor Wohanka of the Geisenheim Research Center wrote a report about the efficacy of water treatment with the Aqua-Hort system. Some of the findings of the report can be found in the table below.
Means of bacterial counts (cfu/ml) of Ralstonia solanacearum race 3 in a fertiliser solution after treatment at different Cu-concentrations and exposure times - values in italics are significantly (p<0.05) different from the control (Dunnett-Test)
Click here to read the full report
For more information:
Aksel de Lasson
T: +45 70226611
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 Eupeodes-System: early season aphid control
- 2023-03-20 Residue analysis on ornamental plants
- 2023-03-20 Recognizing and preventing phytotoxicity
- 2023-03-17 UK: Fees for import inspections of plants for planting
- 2023-03-17 A nose for trouble – sniffing out plant pests
- 2023-03-17 Thrip protection and prevention of excessive humidity
- 2023-03-16 Pest control trials in practice at Green'05
- 2023-03-16 CAN (ON): Crop Defenders to distribute Maxstim Products
- 2023-03-15 Mass media campaigns can be effective in promoting safer crop pest and disease control
- 2023-03-14 Producer and developer of bumblebees and beneficial insects collaborate
- 2023-03-13 US (PA): Study examines the effects of using insecticides for spotted lanternfly control
- 2023-03-13 Intervention after finding root knot nematode in Dutch greenhouse
- 2023-03-07 Russia: More than 300 thousands tulips were controlled ahead of Women's Day
- 2023-03-06 In-store signs – what draws the eye?
- 2023-03-06 Russia: Violations uncovered in tulips about to be exported to Kazakhstan
- 2023-03-06 India: Flower business wilts as 'coronavirus of roses' hits cultivation in South Bengal
- 2023-03-03 EU: 13 countries affected by import ban on plant material susceptible to Xylella fastidiosa
- 2023-03-02 Fusarium crown and stem rot of 2023 Sponsors Echeveria
- 2023-02-28 Business’ growth was “So hockey stick, it was just crazy”
- 2023-02-27 Russia: Specialists checked tulips for pests