- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Board changes at Bercomex
Netherlands: Schouten to assume 100% ownership of Bercomex
In 2012, Schouten took over 50% of Bercomex shares from company founder Roland Kroese. In consequence of the decision by the Kroese family to retire entirely from the business, the remaining shares will now also be transferred to Schouten.
In connection with this transfer, Hayko Kroese will be succeeded as managing director by Gerben Schouten as of 1 February 2016, when Hayko Kroese will be leaving the company. To augment the board, Bercomex has engaged Wim Hartog as the new commercial director, effective as of 1 January 2016. Wim Hartog joins the business from Boon Edam, a company where he has fulfilled various management roles. He has been the director of Koninklijke Boon Edam BV since 2010.
The Kroese family are very positive about this move. ‘In the last few years we have worked in collaboration with Schouten to strengthen the business, both in terms of market position and on the financial and organisational fronts. This takeover is a powerful sign of confidence in the future and provides a guarantee of continuity in realising the long-term business strategy,’ says Hayko Kroese.
Gerben Schouten is enthusiastic about the potential of Bercomex: ‘Our decision to make an additional investment in Bercomex is based upon our confidence in the worldwide growth of the cut flower sector and the increasing need for high-grade technological solutions in that industry. Bercomex is a strong business with excellent prospects.’
This takeover will have no effect on staffing at Bercomex, which is domiciled in Hoorn and employs more than 80 people.
For more information:
1624 PB Hoorn
T: +31 (0) 229 – 50 21 50
F: + 31 (0) 229 - 50 21 16
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-08 Following insect footprints to improve crop resilience and monitor pollinator biodiversity
- 2022-12-08 "Nowhere in the world, crops are grown more efficiently than here"
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 Tim goes from L’Oréal to top finance role at Wyevale Nurseries
- 2022-12-08 Flower wholesale market in Düsseldorf gets new home
- 2022-12-07 NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
- 2022-12-07 Pantone’s Color of the Year 2023: Viva Magenta 18-1750
- 2022-12-07 Matt Olson joins the Bailey Marketing Team
- 2022-12-07 Dümmen Orange breaking new ground at the 7th Cut Chrysanthemum Trial in Aichi, Japan
- 2022-12-07 Certis Biologicals appoints new president of business development and licensing
- 2022-12-07 Van den Bos Flowerbulbs taken over by Heylen Group
- 2022-12-07 Havatec guarantees continuity for Jamafa
- 2022-12-06 "We suspended sales of high-cost 4G products and promoted cost-effective USB temperature and humidity loggers"
- 2022-12-06 Land-grant universities helping solve needs of specialty crop industries
- 2022-12-06 US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- 2022-12-06 Dutch Horticulture youth looks to connect around the topic of energy
- 2022-12-06 UK: A week at Compton Garden Flowers