- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Evanthia sunflowers win RHS awards
The Sunsation Lemon (left) and the Sunsation Yellow (right)
This year, because of the year of the Sunflower a very large sunflower trial has been conducted in Wisley in the UK with more than 130 varieties. An expert jury judged these varieties throughout the summer. 12 of these 130+ varieties were given the AGM-award, including these 2 Sunsation varieties from breeder Evanthia.
The Sunsation Lemon was judged to have attractive glossy foliage with a long season of flowering and good secondary growth even in September. The first flowers were open in June from a sowing made in early April under glass. The average flower size was 20cm. and the color was a clean pale lemon which contrasted well against the dark attractive foliage.
The Sunsation Yellow had a good habit with a long season of flowering and secondary growth was still apparent in September. The flowers were starting to open in early June from an early April sowing and the plant was still flowering in September from the secondary growth. The average flower size was 17 cm.
The judges felt both these varieties were excellent for the gardener and hope the industry will take these up into the UK market.
Sunsation Lemon also won third place in the RHS 'People's Choice' voting for Container grown sunflowers. 'People's Choice' votes come from the members of the public who visited the gardens at Wisley this year.
For more information:
2681 TX Monster
+31 174 715 100
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Dutch Horticulture youth looks to connect around the topic of energy
- 2022-12-06 UK: A week at Compton Garden Flowers
- 2022-12-06 UK: Fleurie MDS student releases video
- 2022-12-06 "We suspended sales of high-cost 4G products and promoted cost-effective USB temperature and humidity loggers"
- 2022-12-06 Land-grant universities helping solve needs of specialty crop industries
- 2022-12-06 US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- 2022-12-05 Hishtil and Décor Breeding sign a strategic agreement to strengthen cooperation
- 2022-12-05 Dutch Greenhouse Delta identifies an urgent need to join forces within the Dutch horticulture sector
- 2022-12-05 Sri Lanka: Mike Biotech Asia awarded for floriculture medium range
- 2022-12-05 The flower wizard's news: November
- 2022-12-05 "We need florists to reach more consumers about That Flower Feeling"
- 2022-12-05 US (MI): Plant sale raises funds for greenhouse from propagations
- 2022-12-05 "We are not going to follow, we will lead the change"
- 2022-12-02 Australian nursery gives industry update
- 2022-12-02 “Pot roses are an excellent addition to our current selections”
- 2022-12-02 10 million Pottburri pots sold!
- 2022-12-02 "Our goal is to participate in the higher market segment"
- 2022-12-02 Pioneer Gardens joins the LiveRoof Family as LiveRoof NorthEast
- 2022-12-02 'New Proven Winners perennials for the 2023-2024 season announced'
- 2022-12-02 New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched