- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
NL: Evanthia sunflowers win RHS awards
The Sunsation Lemon (left) and the Sunsation Yellow (right)
This year, because of the year of the Sunflower a very large sunflower trial has been conducted in Wisley in the UK with more than 130 varieties. An expert jury judged these varieties throughout the summer. 12 of these 130+ varieties were given the AGM-award, including these 2 Sunsation varieties from breeder Evanthia.
The Sunsation Lemon was judged to have attractive glossy foliage with a long season of flowering and good secondary growth even in September. The first flowers were open in June from a sowing made in early April under glass. The average flower size was 20cm. and the color was a clean pale lemon which contrasted well against the dark attractive foliage.
The Sunsation Yellow had a good habit with a long season of flowering and secondary growth was still apparent in September. The flowers were starting to open in early June from an early April sowing and the plant was still flowering in September from the secondary growth. The average flower size was 17 cm.
The judges felt both these varieties were excellent for the gardener and hope the industry will take these up into the UK market.
Sunsation Lemon also won third place in the RHS 'People's Choice' voting for Container grown sunflowers. 'People's Choice' votes come from the members of the public who visited the gardens at Wisley this year.
For more information:
2681 TX Monster
+31 174 715 100
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 US (FL): 72.2-acre nursery up for auction
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Pymwymic and Horticoop invest in Vivent
- 2023-09-28 VHC takes over WICO Flowers nursery and grows to 24.5 ha santini production
- 2023-09-28 Royal FloraHolland signs letter of intent for Safe Enterprise quality mark
- 2023-09-27 Garden Media Group celebrates 35 years in business
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Managing Director of The Bransford Webbs Plant Company to retire
- 2023-09-27 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-26 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-26 American Floral Endowment appoints new officers
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-26 Three Stimuflori board members say goodbye
- 2023-09-26 Sandra Bechtholt new Keukenhof director
- 2023-09-26 Jon Smits new board member Billigblomst in Denmark
- 2023-09-26 Beekenkamp Group celebrates 1-year anniversary of 'Be Beekenkamp'
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations