World Floral Expo is happy to announce that preparations are on track for its next edition in Los Angeles. The first edition that was held earlier this year in LA turned out to be a great success and brought a considerable number of US and international flower growers together in the LACC, the Convention Center of Los Angeles. The attending buyers were pleasantly surprised by the colorful mix of locally grown and imported cut flowers and expressed their satisfaction on attending the show. The cooperation with CalFlowers, the Californian Flower Growers & Shippers Association worked out very well and both Calflowers and HPP (the organizer of the show) decided to continue the team working of promoting US grown and international grown cut flowers for the US market through World Floral Expo 2016.
Based on this year’s success and the strong growing interest from exhibitors for exhibit space in 2016, the organizers decided to change halls and move to another hall inside the LACC enlarging available exhibit space from 50.000 square feet this year to 150.000 square feet in 2016, tripling the exhibit space. Besides an increasing interest from US flower growers so far, also the interest from growers from a.o. Ecuador, Kenya, Colombia and Ethiopia is growing strongly. For this reason there will be country pavilions from each of these 4 important flower growing countries, besides a lot of individual stands of growers from “ the big 4”.
The show is meant for everybody who is buying and selling floral products with emphasis on fresh cut flowers. So from florists to big retailers and everybody in between, such as importers, wholesalers, wedding planners & other event planners, this trade show is the ideal platform to attend. World Floral expo is a yearly organized trade event for the US floriculture industry not to be missed, where everyone can source their floral needs for 2016.
Besides a three day lasting display of the newest varieties of cut flowers and other floral products, workshops will be offered to attendees during show hours of the 3 day event, where everyone can actually create their own flower designs under the professional supervision of a team of Dutch flower designers. Registration is free of charge and can be done online.
For more information
World Floral Expo
Jasper van Dijk
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
March 9-11 2015 in Los Angeles:
US (CA): World Floral Expo combining 2 worlds of flowers
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 India: Flower markets bloom amid festive fervour
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end