Each month the Flower Council of Holland chooses a Houseplant of the month and in December 2015 that is the Hyacinth.
The Hyacinth is a symbol of peace and power and originates from West Asia; Turkey, Syria and Lebanon. So arranging the flowering bulbs into wreaths, table decorations and Christmas arrangements is perfectly suited to this period.
Visit www.flowercouncil.co.uk or www.thejoyofplants.co.uk for more information.
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Scottish parliament hears Environmental Horticulture Growth Strategy
- 2023-03-17 Storm, ToBRFV and hail cause above-average loss figures for horticultural insurance company
- 2023-03-17 "Customers expected to buy almost 1.2 million tulips"
- 2023-03-17 NL: "The tree nursery sector calmed down somewhat in autumn 2022"
- 2023-03-16 Average area of Flemish ornamental crops rises slightly in 2021
- 2023-03-16 Shipping lines refusing to cut capacity in price war
- 2023-03-15 India: New Delhi Municipal Council to start local cultivation of tulips for spring festival
- 2023-03-15 FPC Tulp discovers market in Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna together with Royal FloraHolland
- 2023-03-15 China: New-generation of growers return to their hometowns to launch horti businesses - successfully
- 2023-03-15 India: Sangrur flower growers seek government assistance
- 2023-03-14 UK: Aldi scales up Fairtrade flower-worker scheme
- 2023-03-13 Serbian roses on the rise in the EU market
- 2023-03-10 "Women's Day remains top day for the flower trade"
- 2023-03-10 Romania's flower market set for record sales over March 1-8
- 2023-03-10 Report Cut flower production sub-sector in Armenia
- 2023-03-09 Azerbaijan is one of main flower-exporting countries to Russia
- 2023-03-09 "Unhealthy and low-productivity firms benefited the most from Covid support"
- 2023-03-08 Women's Day around the world
- 2023-03-08 "Mimosa production lower, prices higher"
- 2023-03-07 Russia: Inspectors surveyed a greenhouse growing tulips in permafrost conditions