Carpinteria-based Westerlay Orchids announced Friday, Dec. 4, 2015, that it will donate $28,000 to the Breast Cancer Resource Center of Santa Barbara as part of their nationwide pink diamond orchid promotion that took place during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
A portion of all of the sales from Westerlay's new gemstone orchid, the pink diamond, that were sold during the month of October will help the local community resource center and its patients.
“We are tremendously grateful to have received such a significant donation,” said Silvana Kelly, executive director of the Breast Cancer Resource Center. “We are forever grateful to be able to provide needed services to women in our community because of Westerlay Orchid’s generous support.”
The company has previously donated to other local charities during past Octobers, and they sponsored no-cost mammograms for low income women in October 2014.
Read the full article at Noozhawk
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content
- 2023-02-13 Flowers and plants shine in presentation of 2Dezign at Christmasworld
- 2023-02-10 "Flower Valentine' is becoming a culture in Japan as well"
- 2023-01-31 "The digital product presentation for the consumer is particularly new"
- 2023-01-30 The Shinoda Foundation releases scholarship application
- 2023-01-19 Key Valentine's Day statistics to help you plan your holiday marketing
- 2023-01-18 AU: Cyclamen 'Mother's Halo' for motherless daughters in Australia
- 2023-01-12 "These are the must-have roses for gardeners in the US"
- 2023-01-11 "New about this concept is the digital product presentation for the consumer"
- 2022-10-31 A simple idea to increase online sales
- 2022-10-12 Floriade Expo 2022 prequel to Hortus, a sustainable urban district
- 2022-09-22 How to build an on-demand flower delivery app like Floward?
- 2022-09-08 India: Kerala smells a change, flowers bloom on farms