- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
FloraHolland sees opportunities in Turkey
Turkey is one such new market and together with growers, breeders and customers, it has been further examined. Last week's activities were based on the Turkey Development Program. The most important subject from the Dutch platform in the Turkey Development Program is the removal of trade barriers.
The program's second pillar is the development and dissemination of knowledge. To this end, FloraHolland wishes to independently transfer market and production knowledge to growers and customers so that they will be able to operate in the new market. Last week, the experience and knowledge gained over the previous year came together at the trade fair week in Istanbul.
The program of the study trip was based on the following pillars: gaining knowledge and sharing it with trade partners; and making contact and entering into relationships with industry colleagues in Turkey. Once the participants were informed of all the ins and outs of Turkey's current economic situation and the business climate in the agro sector, the new horticulture area Yalova and a number of professional wholesalers were visited, where subjects such as import levies, and the opportunities and threats were thoroughly discussed. During the market portion of the study trip, the current sales chains, florists and the largest of the Turkish auctions, SS Flora, were visited.
Flower Expo Istanbul
FloraHolland was in attendance for the first time at the Flower Expo Istanbul, Turkey's most important floriculture trade fair, with a stand in the Holland Pavilion. The Holland Pavilion was organized together with Greenn, which made it possible for growers, breeders and exporters to establish a flowering Dutch heart at the trade fair. FloraHolland's stand was aimed at high-end consumers and featured the theme Fashion, Flowers and Fragrance to inspire this segment's sales channels. The products provided by the participating companies were used in the arrangements on display at the first international FloraHolland House, Home of Opportunities. Visitors were impressed by the floral decorations combined with the haute couture from Addy van den Krommenacker and the Flowerbomb perfume by Viktor&Rolf.
The client event
During the trade fair's first evening, 140 customers from the Netherlands and Turkey were guests at the Client Event, which was held at the Palais de Hollande in Istanbul.
The follow-up process to gaining knowledge and removing trade barriers has been planned for the coming months, when the initial pilots involving both Turkish and Dutch partners will begin. The program will be given further substance in the course of 2016. The next study trip is planned for April 2016, during the Tulip Festival in Istanbul. In addition to examining the market and production opportunities, FloraHolland is hoping to attend the Flower Expo in Antalya. This international exhibition will take place from April to October 2016.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 US: Economic impact of fresh produce industry
- 2022-09-30 Deals that were agreed upon months ago still have to be honored at the agreed price
- 2022-09-30 "How flowers and translations connect you with your people"
- 2022-09-30 Florida, the state of flowers
- 2022-09-29 Nepal: Wilted demand dismays flower traders
- 2022-09-29 ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 2022-09-28 "The situation in Europe has changed, but in Africa it didn't"
- 2022-09-28 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-27 Questions about how growers use gas to make money
- 2022-09-26 Canada-Carribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program update
- 2022-09-26 Responsible Business Conduct Agreement for the floriculture sector finalized
- 2022-09-26 Beige flowers: flowers that match current color trends
- 2022-09-26 AU: Smart Production Nursery factsheet available for growers
- 2022-09-26 UK energy support for businesses is welcome, but more details are needed
- 2022-09-26 LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- 2022-09-23 India: low flower sales lead to price decrease in Koyembedu market
- 2022-09-23 UK farm businesses to have energy bills halved as part of new scheme
- 2022-09-23 India: CSIR-IIIM organizes training program for farmers
- 2022-09-21 Indian flower growers eye co-op with Turkish firms to boost sector
- 2022-09-21 Call for protest collective: 'Keep putting up upside-down flags'