- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
FloraHolland sees opportunities in Turkey
Turkey is one such new market and together with growers, breeders and customers, it has been further examined. Last week's activities were based on the Turkey Development Program. The most important subject from the Dutch platform in the Turkey Development Program is the removal of trade barriers.
The program's second pillar is the development and dissemination of knowledge. To this end, FloraHolland wishes to independently transfer market and production knowledge to growers and customers so that they will be able to operate in the new market. Last week, the experience and knowledge gained over the previous year came together at the trade fair week in Istanbul.
The program of the study trip was based on the following pillars: gaining knowledge and sharing it with trade partners; and making contact and entering into relationships with industry colleagues in Turkey. Once the participants were informed of all the ins and outs of Turkey's current economic situation and the business climate in the agro sector, the new horticulture area Yalova and a number of professional wholesalers were visited, where subjects such as import levies, and the opportunities and threats were thoroughly discussed. During the market portion of the study trip, the current sales chains, florists and the largest of the Turkish auctions, SS Flora, were visited.
Flower Expo Istanbul
FloraHolland was in attendance for the first time at the Flower Expo Istanbul, Turkey's most important floriculture trade fair, with a stand in the Holland Pavilion. The Holland Pavilion was organized together with Greenn, which made it possible for growers, breeders and exporters to establish a flowering Dutch heart at the trade fair. FloraHolland's stand was aimed at high-end consumers and featured the theme Fashion, Flowers and Fragrance to inspire this segment's sales channels. The products provided by the participating companies were used in the arrangements on display at the first international FloraHolland House, Home of Opportunities. Visitors were impressed by the floral decorations combined with the haute couture from Addy van den Krommenacker and the Flowerbomb perfume by Viktor&Rolf.
The client event
During the trade fair's first evening, 140 customers from the Netherlands and Turkey were guests at the Client Event, which was held at the Palais de Hollande in Istanbul.
The follow-up process to gaining knowledge and removing trade barriers has been planned for the coming months, when the initial pilots involving both Turkish and Dutch partners will begin. The program will be given further substance in the course of 2016. The next study trip is planned for April 2016, during the Tulip Festival in Istanbul. In addition to examining the market and production opportunities, FloraHolland is hoping to attend the Flower Expo in Antalya. This international exhibition will take place from April to October 2016.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Top 10 of the busiest container ports in Asia
- 2022-01-21 Galentine's Day gaining recognition in the floral industry
- 2022-01-21 Gambia: "Floriculture sector suffers due to Covid-19"
- 2022-01-21 Rise in differing cargo theft types driven by conditions at congested US ports
- 2022-01-21 Vietnam flower village makes ready for Tet
- 2022-01-20 AU: "I expect logistics to remain an issue for the coming 3 to 6 months"
- 2022-01-20 Status of floriculture in India: with a special focus to marketing
- 2022-01-20 Australian Cabinet looking to ease close contact isolation as worker shortage increases
- 2022-01-19 Australia: Flower Power digs up $500m private equity buyout
- 2022-01-19 UK road freight prices are highest in three years
- 2022-01-19 ABN Amro: high energy prices to continue
- 2022-01-19 US and EU drop idea of removing Russia from Swift
- 2022-01-19 "Agriculture and horticulture unjustly underexposed in robot report"
- 2022-01-19 Baltica, top chrysanthemum of Deliflor in the white segment, moves within VannoVa
- 2022-01-18 Ireland: Ministers announce series of actions to support horticultural growers
- 2022-01-18 Flower farmers expect to lose over HK$1 million after fair ban
- 2022-01-18 Multiflora implements new LED wall for 4 auction clocks
- 2022-01-18 Consumer houseplant purchasing study 2021
- 2022-01-18 Italian horticulture hit hard, but quickly shows its resilience
- 2022-01-18 More Dutch agricultural and horticultural companies stopped in December 2021