Allison Mills tends to some of the 400 poinsettias at Van Kampen's Greenhouses in Charlottetown Friday.
Started from cuttings in July, the plants are a perennial favorite during the holiday season.
The plant derives its common English name from Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first United States Minister to Mexico, who introduced the plant into the United States in 1825.
Source: The Guardian (Charlottetown)
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 US (MI): Abele Greenhouse opens again after fire
- 2023-03-10 “I was looking for a solution which would help me create a very specific climate in my greenhouses"
- 2023-03-10 March on a flower farm
- 2023-03-09 This fabled orchid breeder loves to chat — just not about Trader Joe's orchids
- 2023-03-08 "Today, I see the fact that I’m a woman as an advantage"
- 2023-03-07 Tea growers make real horticultural tea together
- 2023-02-27 CAN (QC): A local Quebec flower farm is leading the way in The Slow Flowers Movement
- 2023-02-27 Introducing native perennials as cut flowers
- 2023-02-24 Alternative spring crops from Köder Gartenbau
- 2023-02-21 US (WI): Yoga in the greenhouse
- 2023-02-21 UK: "Why we're going peat-free?"
- 2023-02-20 Avri Farms starts pink hydrangea production in Ecuador
- 2023-02-20 NL: 365 days of summer with full-LED
- 2023-02-16 "We make sure the varieties are really grown as bulb-on-pot varieties"
- 2023-02-16 US (NJ): Farmer growing flowers a little greener thanks to grant to convert to geothermal heat
- 2023-02-16 Cyprus: Life for flower grower is no bed of roses
- 2023-02-16 A tour of the Colombian floriculture industry
- 2023-02-13 Flores El Capiro celebrates 10K container shipment of chrysanthemums
- 2023-02-10 “We can be more energy efficient while adjusting our electricity use based on energy price fluctuations”
- 2023-02-09 Kendi finds her life calling preserving beauty of blooms for up to 2 years