The new consumer campaign has evolved from the existing Plant of the Month campaign that will end this year, and will run for two years from January 2016 to December 2017. Month by month this new promotional plant calendar will highlight planting ideas as well as plants at their best.
The HTA worked with gardening consultant and journalist Adam Pasco to produce this themed calendar which was also agreed upon by UK growers and retailers.
Each month will feature reliable and trustworthy plants that are guaranteed to perform well in almost any garden, including many that have received the RHS ‘Award of Garden Merit’.
The calendar for 2016-17:
- January - Create a winter wonderland
- February - Camellias for early colour
- March - Spring has sprung with perfect primulas
- April - The magic of maples
- May - Thyme for herbs
- June - Colourful clematis collection
- July - Bring in the butterflies
- August - Get creative with ornamental grasses
- September - Fashionably late perennials
- October - In search of ‘berried’ treasure
- November - A celebration of colourful cornus
- December - Festive favourites
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092