- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (CA): Miracle-Gro float to be certified in Tournament of Roses
"The parade was founded as a way to celebrate California's beauty, so it just made sense for Miracle-Gro to feature California grown flowers on our float this year," said John Sass, Vice President and General Manager of Miracle-Gro. "They not only remind us of the Parade's origins, it puts a focus on sustainable flowers that inspire consumers to dig in and discover their own piece of Earth."
On December 31, the Buy California Marketing Committee (BCMA) and the California Cut Flower Commission (CCFC) will recognize Cal Poly Universities for the fifth year in a row and FTD, Inc., for the second year in a row. This will be the first time for Miracle-Gro and the California Milk Advisory Board to be recognized for their commitment to local California Grown flowers.
"We are thrilled to have a leader like Miracle-Gro recognize the importance of supporting locally grown flowers and the people who grow them. Their support and participation in the California Grown certification program is something our farmers certainly appreciate," said Kasey Cronquist, CEO and Ambassador for the California Cut Flower Commission (CCFC), which represents the state's flower farmers. "We have seen first-hand the generous contributions Miracle-Gro has made to our local communities, through their support of our farms and their work improving local green spaces, community centers and schools. We are very proud that our flowers will be used on their Tournament of Roses float in 2016."
California Secretary of Agriculture Karen Ross will travel to Pasadena to officiate the certification ceremonies on December 31st.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-07 Highlights from the International Floriculture Trade Fair (IFTF) 2022 by Sahid Nahim
- 2022-12-07 Pelargoniums & poinsettias to be boosted in Eastern Europe with new EU funding
- 2022-12-07 Pheno Geno Roses attends beer symposium in Zrenjanin
- 2022-12-06 Fresh Park Venlo business club delves into ornamental plant auction and fairs 2.0
- 2022-12-06 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-02 AIPH announces finalists for the second Young International Grower of the Year Award
- 2022-12-01 Review of relationship day growers' cooperative Touch Me+
- 2022-11-30 UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper