- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- Special Year Overview 2022: Some award-winning rose varieties!
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ethiopia: Agri-Lake Flowers adds a 10,7 ha greenhouse
Esayas Kebede, General Manager of the parent company of Agri-Lake Flowers; Agri-CEFT Plc, at the BSI Meeting which took place at FloraHolland last September.
According to Anbesso, the main reason why Agri-Lakes Flowers is expanding is the fact that the company is committed to a five year strategic plan. Within five years, they plan to cover 30 ha of the total landholding of 50ha with rose cut flowers. "Our company believes in the production of large amounts of high quality rose cut flowers in order to become one of the most reliable suppliers in the flower market. Inaddition, the success that we have seen so far has provided us with data toprove that the area is very suitable for flower growing. This suitability has also influenced ourdecision to expand. There are idealconditions in the region," says Anbesso.
The expansion of this new greenhouse is the second phase of the plan. "The first phase, which covers a 5ha sized greenhouse, was finalized in 2015 and is in full production at the moment. In May 2016, the new 10,7 ha sized greenhouse is planned to be finished. The greenhouse is manufactured and installed by Richel Group (locally represented by Irrico) and has, according to Anbesso, a higher quality and will be stronger than the existing structure. By adding this new greenhouse the annual production will increase drastically. "Currently in the 5ha sized greenhouse, we grow 6 million stems a year. When the new greenhouse is finished, we anticipate growing 16 million stems a year," says Anbesso.
Regarding the five year strategic plan of Agri-Lake Flowers Farm, the company will grow rose cut flowers in a 30ha sized greenhouse in 2018. So, 15 ha still needs to be added. "In 2017, we are planning to add another 10ha and in 2018 another 5 ha," says Anbesso.
Agri-Lake Flowers is an Ethiopian rose farm that was established in 2004 and is part of the larger Ethio Agri-CEFT Plc that was founded in 1998. This diversified company has produced flowers at its Holleta location since 2004. The farm of Agri-Lake Flowers is located in Bahir Dar, around 500 km north of Addis Ababa and is growing rose cut flowers at an altitude of 1,800 meters. In the current greenhouse, five different varieties are being cultivated. In the new greenhouses, some selected varieties that are already in use as well as some new varieties will be planted. The majority of the roses are being sold at the FloraHolland auction in the Netherlands.
For more information:
Ethio Agri-Ceft Plc
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-08 Following insect footprints to improve crop resilience and monitor pollinator biodiversity
- 2022-12-08 "Nowhere in the world, crops are grown more efficiently than here"
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 Tim goes from L’Oréal to top finance role at Wyevale Nurseries
- 2022-12-08 Flower wholesale market in Düsseldorf gets new home
- 2022-12-07 NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
- 2022-12-07 Pantone’s Color of the Year 2023: Viva Magenta 18-1750
- 2022-12-07 Matt Olson joins the Bailey Marketing Team
- 2022-12-07 Dümmen Orange breaking new ground at the 7th Cut Chrysanthemum Trial in Aichi, Japan
- 2022-12-07 Certis Biologicals appoints new president of business development and licensing
- 2022-12-07 Van den Bos Flowerbulbs taken over by Heylen Group
- 2022-12-07 Havatec guarantees continuity for Jamafa
- 2022-12-06 "We suspended sales of high-cost 4G products and promoted cost-effective USB temperature and humidity loggers"
- 2022-12-06 Land-grant universities helping solve needs of specialty crop industries
- 2022-12-06 US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- 2022-12-06 Dutch Horticulture youth looks to connect around the topic of energy
- 2022-12-06 UK: A week at Compton Garden Flowers