- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia: Orchid grower realizes 20% more plants per m2
Gary Spink with a Plant Growth Cell
“After switching our entire production process to the use of PGCs, we see a substantial increase in the number of plants per m2. Quality is also up because overlapping foliage is no longer causing uneven watering. Another advantage we appreciate is that the shape of the plants grown in PGCs is very symmetrical and upright: this is exactly what consumers are looking for. The design of the PGC seems to force the spikes upward, so we rarely see any of them getting caught under leaves and becoming deformed. And, even after three years, we haven’t had any breakdowns due to UV exposure. We can only conclude that the plastic used to make the PGCs must be of a high quality. Although we have few problems with bacterial disease, when we do see the occasional diseased plant, the PGC seems to ‘quarantine’ the disease to keep the problem from spreading to adjacent plants.”
Read the full interview here.
Click here for more information about the Plant Growth Cell.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 "Sales worldwide have been increasing. especially in Japan"
- 2022-01-17 FlorAmor adds Clivias to Flandresse
- 2022-01-13 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2022-01-07 Breeder Wim Declercq celebrates 40 years at Gediflora
- 2022-01-07 Duynplant and Duijn-Hove to continue together
- 2022-01-06 Ecuador: Greenhouse construction Forever Flowers complete
- 2022-01-04 US (NH): "It does not only supplement our seasonal sales, it also keeps our staff busy and greenhouse full"
- 2021-12-20 A peek behind the scenes at Belgium nursery Plantura
- 2021-12-20 The roots of Colombia’s booming flower and orchid industry
- 2021-12-16 "The customer asks for the same product all year round, so that is what we started to grow"
- 2021-12-14 Ecuador: Greenhouses of new alstroemeria farm taking shape
- 2021-12-13 "In the past, organic production meant you’d lose at least 30% of your production capacity"
- 2021-11-26 Luray grower uses topless high tunnels to feed community year round
- 2021-10-25 AU: How a multigenerational family made a ‘flower change’ to Yass River
- 2021-10-22 US (FL): “We built a new shipping warehouse, improving our efficiency”
- 2021-10-21 "Outdoor growing gets more challenging with climate change"
- 2021-10-18 Mexico: “As a smaller company, we are able to prioritize small breeders and their creations”
- 2021-10-08 NL: "Nursery Gebr. Grootscholten is showing the way"
- 2021-10-08 Sowing seeds of passion: Horticulturist turns childhood hobby into niche business
- 2021-10-08 Vietnam: "We are working on a new platform for Phalaenopis trade"