- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dümmen Orange, Elsner, Endisch, Kientzler Jungpflanzen, Selecta Klemm, Westhoff
FlowerTrials 2016: Novelties in the picture
Leading up to the event, we gladly make space for some of the most outstanding and/or surprising highlights on display. Today, we will focus on the participating companies in the Rhineland Westphalia region: Dümmen Orange, Elsner, Endisch, Kientzler Jungpflanzen, Selecta Klemm and Westhoff.
In addition to expanding the assortment of anemones, and also a broadening of the assortment to be sold under the FairTrade Label, Dümmen Orange expands the compact, mildew resistant Phlox Flame series with two new varieties. The Red Flame adds a new color to the series: bright red. The Flame Ruby enchants with an unusual ruby color:
Traditionally, the focus at Elsner Pac has been the Pelargonium, but in recent years this assortment has expanded a lot. Yet Pelargonium remains important, as evidenced by no fewer than four new varieties in the Dark Line series:
Endisch also has a number of novelties to present in both Pelargonium, petunias and dipladenia's and geraniums. An example is the Sunflair Red Pepper, a Pelargonium peltatum which 'grows like wildfire. "Immediately after rooting, this plant forms many many branches. There is no need for further pinching for a better structure and you may not even have to use growth regulators at the start of cultivation:
At Kientzler Jungpflanzen the focus is on petunias. Both in the Superbells series as in de Prover-Winners-group new colors will be presented and also in the TrioMio - three colors in a pot - new combinations will be made available. An example of the latter is the 'Tropical Night':
Breeding activities at Selecta include breeding a wide range of bedding and balcony plants, poinsettias, perennials and cut flowers. In pot carnations, the company introduces the new series Capitan, which consists of four fast-growing species. Especially remarkable is that all four species are also suitable as cut flowers!
Westhoff, in conclusion, is specialized in a wide range of pot and bedding plants. One of the highlights can be found in the "Cameleon's Calibrachoa'' series. "These are absolutely unique in the Calibrachoa assortment," says Chris Berg. "During the season they change colors. Like the Sunshine Berry: in the beginning of the season, it has a ruby-dark color. When temperatures rise, the heart gradually becomes yellow. This yellow expands more and more, until the flower is finally transformed almost completely":
For more information, novelties and concepts, as well as a short video introduction of each individual company, visit the website of the FlowerTrials.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"
- 2022-02-14 "Dahlias: the new symbol of love"
- 2022-02-04 "Historic partnership leads to new focal flower"
- 2022-02-01 "More and more, special features also increase the sales of standard products"
- 2022-01-28 Fleuroselect announces Gold Medal winners for 2023
- 2022-01-28 Ebbing-Lohaus kicks off 2022 with newly bred primroses
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"
- 2021-05-17 NL: Van Vliet New Plants introduces Hebe Medieval line