- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New LED-based horticulture lighting systems
“We set out to build the world’s most powerful, energy-efficient and rugged lighting systems for the commercial horticulture industry,” said Nick Klase, Co-Founder and CEO of Fluence Bioengineering. “With today’s launch, I’m proud to say we have achieved our design goals and we’re now one step closer to reducing the horticulture industry’s dependence on antiquated forms of unsustainable lighting.”
Design principles for the new portfolio are founded on increased crop yield and space utilization, consistent and improved physiological development and decreased time-to-harvest for produce, cannabis and ornamental floriculture production. Every Fluence lighting system is passively cooled with no moving parts or vents for silent, efficient operation, is ETL rated for use in damp or wet environments, comes standard with a three-year warranty and is built in Austin, TX.
Indoor and greenhouse horticulture environments: The VYPR Series
The VYPR Series is an indoor and greenhouse-optimized lighting system with up to 69 percent higher photon efficiency than the leading 1,000-watt HPS fixtures. VYPRx PLUS is a one-for-one replacement of 1,000-watt HPS fixtures while consuming 52 percent less electricity. A passive thermal management system, wide photon distribution pattern and incredibly thin form factor at just 2.7 inches wide make the VYPR Series perfect for greenhouse deployment.
“LED lighting solutions for indoor and greenhouse plant cultivation are improving rapidly,” said A.J. Both, Ph.D., Bioenvironmental Engineering, Department of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers University. “The Fluence VYPRx PLUS surpassed all other LED lamps we have tested at Rutgers so far in terms of efficacy.”
VYPRx operates at 320 watts, has a photon efficiency of 2.2 μmol/J and photon output of 700 micromoles per second (μmol/s). VYPRx PLUS operates at 515 watts, has a photon efficiency of 2.1 μmol/J and a photon output of 1,100 μmol/s. VYPRx is available now. VYPRx PLUS is planned for availability in Q2 2016. Learn more: www.fluence.science/vypr
Vertical cannabis farming: The SPYDR Series
The SPYDR Series delivers photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD), with an average up to 909 micromoles-per-meter-square-per-second (µmol/m2/s) over a 4-by-4-foot canopy. The SPYDR Series is optimized for ultra-dense cannabis vertical farming with a 4.6-inch thin frame and close-proximity mounting height just six inches from top of canopy.
“By going vertical, we can greatly increase our canopy and meet the needs of all of our patients,” said Brook Eagle, Head of Cultivation at The Guild San Jose who recently deployed SPYDRx PLUS in a vertical cannabis farm. “The stalks are much stronger and thicker — the plants are stockier, with more nodes. I’ve never seen anything like that.”
SPYDRx operates at 330 watts, has a photon efficiency of 2.2 μmol/J and a photon output of 730 μmol/s. SPYDRx PLUS operates at 660 watts, has a photon efficiency of 2.1 µmol/J and a photon output of 1,410 μmol/s. Both SPYDR platforms are available now. Learn more: www.fluence.science/spydr
Propagation, cuttings, microgreens and leafy greens: RAZR
RAZR is designed to replace fluorescent light fixtures in vertical farming applications for microgreens, leafy greens and cuttings. RAZRx is 162 percent more energy efficient, while providing 350 percent more light, than comparable fluorescent lighting systems2. RAZRx is just 1.2 inches thin with a recommended mounting height just five inches from canopy for ultra-dense vertical farming.
“What I see with Fluence LED systems is enhanced color, reduced stretching and better flavor,” said Bob Hoffman, Chief Science Officer at Shenandoah Growers who recently deployed VYPRx PLUS and RAZRx in a USDA organic herb greenhouse production facility. “I see a more compact plant with tighter internodal spacing. Combine that with increased productivity and decreased operating costs, and we’re absolutely investing in LED.”
RAZRx operates at 91 watts, has a photon efficiency of 2.2 μmol/J and a photon output of 200 μmol/s. RAZRx is available now. Learn more: www.fluence.science/razr
Full-cycle broad spectrum: PhysioSpec
All Fluence lighting systems emit PhysioSpec, a purpose-built, broad spectrum designed for full-cycle, rapid plant growth from initiation to senescence. PhysioSpec provides deeper canopy penetration, targets more photoreceptors – including xanthophyll and carotenoids – and protects chlorophyll from photo damage compared to other narrow-spectrum LED light sources. PhysioSpec is available in options tailored for indoor, greenhouse and propagation applications. Learn more: www.fluence.science/physiospec
The portfolio of Fluence lighting systems is on display May 10 – 11 at the Spring 2016 Marijuana Business Conference & Expo taking place in Orlando, FL. Booth 1404.
For more information:
4129 Commercial Center Drive
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 5 tips for growing with LEDs
- 2021-12-24 Constructing a mini tunnel?
- 2021-12-23 "Sensors and data-driven farming are part of a smart farming trend"
- 2021-12-21 Russia: "HPS fixtures are the perfect match for our requirements"
- 2021-12-17 "Collecting data helps you making informed decisions moving forwards"
- 2021-12-13 Automatic vehicle drives up and down daily for years
- 2021-12-10 Why do plants struggle with LED lighting?
- 2021-12-10 Meet Phil, Grover's new colleague
- 2021-12-09 Enabling informed decision-making for greenhouse supplemental lighting
- 2021-12-08 Swedish company acquires rights of plant paper machines
- 2021-12-06 Greenhouse control systems installed in two UK universities’ greenhouses
- 2021-12-06 Warning system to warn nurseries against fungal attacks
- 2021-12-06 Newest climate computer helps grower 'build library of settings'
- 2021-12-06 New courses at Priva Academy in collaboration with HortiTech
- 2021-12-02 NL: "Irrigating more simply, quickly, and accurately while using less technology"
- 2021-12-01 ETH Zurich working with robots to evoke Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- 2021-11-24 New sensor to monitor development of algae
- 2021-11-19 UV trap helps growers keep Opogona under control
- 2021-11-16 Dehumidified air as an answer to high energy costs
- 2021-11-16 "Machines simplify and speed up the work of a grower"