- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Amber clematis named Chelsea Plant of the Year
The jury’s favourite was praised for its nodding heads of a unique yellow/cream colouring as well as the flowering from early to mid-summer with a second flush in September.
Reiner van Rijssen, owner of Plantipp: “We are still catching our breath from the 2014 edition of the Flower Show when Hydrangea Miss Saori, bred by Ryoji Irie and managed by Plantipp, won the RHS Chelsea Plant of the Year competition. Now we start all over again with Amber! We are extremely proud of Marco and Bianca!”
Peter van Rijssen, representative of Plantipp: “Our Plantipp Facebook page exploded when we released the news. So many congratulations and thumbs up for Marco and Bianca de Wit and their Amber, it is unbelievable!”
The RHS Chelsea Plant of the Year 2016 award belongs to one of the three categories; the Pavilion category. In this category, The New Convent Garden Flower Market won the New Design Award and Love Orchids the Best Discovery Exhibit award. The other two categories are the Gardens, with The Marble and Granite Centre as winner of the Best Fresh Garden and the Viking Cruises Mekong Garden as Best Artisan Garden, and the Floristery category with the South Stevenage Flower Club as winner.
Click here to see all the winners.
For more in information contact:
Peter van Rijssen
Tel. +31 6 55 88 19 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 NZ: From one bunch to four greenhouses
- 2023-02-02 US (NJ): Locally, sustainably grown tulips bloom at Somerset Co.'s flower farm
- 2023-02-01 Alexandra Farms announces collaboration with True Client Pro
- 2023-02-01 US (GA): Q&A with Nakita Hemingway, cut flower farmer and politician
- 2023-02-01 Kenya: Parfum Flower Company's water tank project at Tambuzi
- 2023-01-31 US (KY): Lexington plant nursery hopes to recover thousands of dollars in stolen plants
- 2023-01-30 US: "We train for these holidays all year long"
- 2023-01-30 UK: Bristol flower grower reduces the carbon footprint one bouquet at a time
- 2023-01-24 India: Orchids bear fruit for Meghalaya women
- 2023-01-23 AU: Flower grower Andrew Borthwick says growing gerberas is hard work and no easy retirement
- 2023-01-23 US (CA): Emanuel Epstein remembered for pioneering plant mineral research
- 2023-01-23 Kenya: “This rose variety grows big, even at lower altitudes”
- 2023-01-20 US (ID): Florists makes bouquets with potatoes
- 2023-01-19 "Flower consumption in Asia will continue to grow and so will we"
- 2023-01-19 Made in a lab, this rare plant is making quite the impression
- 2023-01-19 "We want to identify when you need far-red in particular and when you might still be able to decrease this"
- 2023-01-18 A tour of a Chrysantemum greenhouse
- 2023-01-17 Vietnam: Dak Lak enters Tet flower season
- 2023-01-16 Ecuador: “We try to keep close to our 'cut-to-order' philosophy”
- 2023-01-12 A Palestinian engineer-turned-farmer excels in innovative agriculture in besieged gaza