- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Horticultural Trades Association to relocate
Commenting on the announcement HTA Chief Executive Carol Paris said: “This is a really exciting development for the HTA, helping to keep it moving forward as a modern trade body. The Association has long outgrown its current premises in Theale and the new premises will provide a better working environment and greater opportunities which members will be able to benefit from. Theale is currently home to the HTA, APL, BOPP, International Association of International Producers (AIPH), Chartered Institute of Horticulture, HTA Benevolent Fund and the Garden Centre Association (GCA). The extra space and parking strengthens the opportunities for the HTA as a ‘horticultural hub’ where members can work, meet and collaborate in the interests of the wider industry. There will be opportunities for immediate efficiencies that the previous building did not allow.
I am grateful to the Board for their unanimous support for this significant project that will be key to achieving the strategic aims for the HTA."
The new office facilities offer good access to the A34, M4 and M40 and mainline rail networks through Didcot Station. The building offers a more efficient office environment which will include a lounge where members can work and a series of meeting rooms, event and showroom space which will be available for members to use at preferential rates.
Adam Wigglesworth, HTA President, commented “The HTA Board made the decision in April 2015 that as custodians of NGGV investments a higher proportion of the portfolio should be invested in providing a more secure future for the organisation. The opportunity to invest in the Chilton office is consistent with the prudent management of the funds and will bring tangible benefits to the membership and organisation. I am confident that the Executive will seize the opportunities created.”
HTA Council member Neil Grant added, “All businesses should operate with the right ‘equipment’. Having seen the over worked offices in Theale and being privileged as council member for Yorkshire, to know what been worked on behind the scenes this is a really important part of our HTA’s future development. This piece of equipment is much needed.”
“The profile of horticulture is starting to impact at a much higher level than ever before in our nation and the new facilities will allow this to continue and grow. We will all benefit from the results of this and current developments the HTA are undergoing."
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team