- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- Regional supply chain strategy of Dümmen Orange takes shape
- Dutch nursery literally starts over after snowstorm
- “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- Dutch startup Thermeleon heats greenhouses with thermal battery
- Australia: Flower Power digs up $500m private equity buyout
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Horticultural Trades Association to relocate
Commenting on the announcement HTA Chief Executive Carol Paris said: “This is a really exciting development for the HTA, helping to keep it moving forward as a modern trade body. The Association has long outgrown its current premises in Theale and the new premises will provide a better working environment and greater opportunities which members will be able to benefit from. Theale is currently home to the HTA, APL, BOPP, International Association of International Producers (AIPH), Chartered Institute of Horticulture, HTA Benevolent Fund and the Garden Centre Association (GCA). The extra space and parking strengthens the opportunities for the HTA as a ‘horticultural hub’ where members can work, meet and collaborate in the interests of the wider industry. There will be opportunities for immediate efficiencies that the previous building did not allow.
I am grateful to the Board for their unanimous support for this significant project that will be key to achieving the strategic aims for the HTA."
The new office facilities offer good access to the A34, M4 and M40 and mainline rail networks through Didcot Station. The building offers a more efficient office environment which will include a lounge where members can work and a series of meeting rooms, event and showroom space which will be available for members to use at preferential rates.
Adam Wigglesworth, HTA President, commented “The HTA Board made the decision in April 2015 that as custodians of NGGV investments a higher proportion of the portfolio should be invested in providing a more secure future for the organisation. The opportunity to invest in the Chilton office is consistent with the prudent management of the funds and will bring tangible benefits to the membership and organisation. I am confident that the Executive will seize the opportunities created.”
HTA Council member Neil Grant added, “All businesses should operate with the right ‘equipment’. Having seen the over worked offices in Theale and being privileged as council member for Yorkshire, to know what been worked on behind the scenes this is a really important part of our HTA’s future development. This piece of equipment is much needed.”
“The profile of horticulture is starting to impact at a much higher level than ever before in our nation and the new facilities will allow this to continue and grow. We will all benefit from the results of this and current developments the HTA are undergoing."
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-19 Machine order from Kurdistan actually human trafficking front
- 2022-01-19 It’s official: Cartonboard can be recycled at least 25 times
- 2022-01-19 Poinsettia grower appreciates six decades working with Agra Tech
- 2022-01-19 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces timing of Q1 2022 financial results and conference calls
- 2022-01-19 Geothermal heat main installation begins
- 2022-01-19 Dutch nursery literally starts over after snowstorm
- 2022-01-19 Dutch startup Thermeleon heats greenhouses with thermal battery
- 2022-01-18 The Shinoda foundation retains the association resource center as management partner
- 2022-01-18 "Always being away and on the road is good for us"
- 2022-01-18 NRF Foundation Board names new chair and adds directors
- 2022-01-18 Dümmen Orange opens new office in Ethiopia
- 2022-01-18 Danziger Live kicks off 2022 with Valentine's webinar
- 2022-01-17 Mise en place: winter preparation for spring success
- 2022-01-17 Lorenzo Russo to join Bellpark Horticulture as new US sales representative
- 2022-01-17 "Even as a 'small' business, we sell a great product from a major player"
- 2022-01-17 Lou Goldman, founder of Barron Lighting Group, retires
- 2022-01-17 “With everyone facing obstacles, we're thrilled our 2021 holiday season went so well"
- 2022-01-14 Smit Kwekerijen: “Digitization is the future”
- 2022-01-14 New mum varieties for 2022
- 2022-01-14 AIPH Partners with the European Federation of Green Roof and Living Wall Associations (EFB) for Greener Cities