- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- Regional supply chain strategy of Dümmen Orange takes shape
- Dutch nursery literally starts over after snowstorm
- “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- Dutch startup Thermeleon heats greenhouses with thermal battery
- Australia: Flower Power digs up $500m private equity buyout
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
June 16, Bleiswijk, Netherlands
Open day Delphy Improvement Centre
During the open day, representatives from Monsanto, Sakata Seeds, Hazera & Svensson are present at the Delphy Improvement Centre to present their findings and answer your questions. Below, you will find a summary of the actual experiments inside the Delphy Improvement Centre open for visitors on the 16th of June 2016.
Tomato cultivation under 100% LED lighting
The objective of this project is up to grow below 100% LED lighting, focusing on a high inter production. The exposure is made up of 105 µmol Top-LED and 2 x 53 µmol interlight LED. Within this experiment a new cultivation strategy (lower LAI / stem, more stems per m2), and a new positioning of the lights are tested above the path.
Energy efficient pepper cultivation whilst maintaining quality
The goal of this research is to realize a practical energy efficient cultivation of peppers while maintaining quality. Through the use of dual screens and the use of heating based on temperature demand the maximum gas consumption at the end of the cultivation is 20 m3/m2.
Sustainability as guidance for the rose crop
This trail is aiming to achieve a sustainable and energy efficient rose cultivation by having a more focused use of artificial lighting; less in spring and summer and more intensive in autumn and winter, with a maximum use of cooling through OPAC air treatments and an integrated strategy through climate and biological measures for mildew problems.
Variety trial Sakata
Sakata Seeds is executing an extensive variety trial inside one of the compartments. This compartment is open for the public on the 16th of June 2016. A representative from Sakata Seeds will be present during this day to explain the trial.
Variety trial Hazera
Hazera displays their range of specialties, large and medium clusters type as well as loose and beef types. This compartment is open for the public on the 16th of June 2016. The tomato crop specialist of Hazera will be available to guide you through the trial. Mr. Geert van der Wel will present this trial on the day.
If you are interested in coming to the Delphy Improvement Centre on the 16th of June 2016 send an email to Ms. Lisa Grootscholten –firstname.lastname@example.org before the 13th of June 2016.
For more information:
Delphy Improvement Centre
2665 MV, Bleiswijk
+31 10 522 1771
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-12-17 Coco peat - the new moneymaker at the Kenyan coast
- 2021-12-13 "The optimal concentration of KH2PO4 enhances nutrient uptake and flower production in rose plants"
- 2021-12-08 Enhancing the quality of chrysanthemum with plant growth retardants
- 2021-11-30 Evaluation of Technosols constructed with excavation debris for greenhouse production of ornamental plants
- 2021-11-24 Nutrient accumulation and environmental risks of biosolids and different fertilizers on horticultural plants
- 2021-11-23 Fertilizer management and plant nutrition guide
- 2021-11-22 Enhanced growth of Hydrangea macrophylla under normal and high pH
- 2021-11-19 FloraLife offers liquid sachets on string for use on FreshSealer bouquet taping equipment
- 2021-11-16 Wide range of specialty fertilizers to be presented
- 2021-11-15 How biostimulants can help plant growth
- 2021-10-22 Fertiliser market price rise: wait or buy now?
- 2021-10-14 New study identifies genes that enable plants to grow with less fertilizer
- 2021-09-29 GreenSwitch: GreenTech Innovation Award 2021 Winner
- 2021-09-23 First liters of organic Nitrate fertilizer delivered to Dutch growers
- 2021-09-14 Effect of biostimulant application on development of pansy seedlings
- 2021-09-13 What do organic fertilizers and residual streams contain?
- 2021-09-07 Study on fertilizers and agrochemicals used in Vietnam
- 2021-09-07 "Fixing nitrogen in plants naturally, with no environmental impact"
- 2021-09-06 'It saved the farm' Cape hatchery turns fish waste into sustainable fertilizer
- 2021-09-01 New interior composter for consumers to produce their own chemical-free nutrients