- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Taiwan Orchid Growers Association
Study report of Brazilian phalaenopsis market
In Brazil, the annual production capacity of Phalaenopsis pot plants achieved 5 million (5,320,000-5,350,000) plants per year, Oncidium 350 thousand and 390 thousand for Dendrobium. On the other hand, Phalaenopsis reached 450 thousand units of cut flowers per year and 150 thousand for the Oncidium.
The study indicates the Netherlands, Belgium, Taiwan and Japan provide most of the seedlings to those growers. The seedlings come in flasks (tissue-culture bottle) or a 1.7inch (5cm) plant while the minority of growers possess a tissue culture lab and the ability to reproduce their own seedlings.
The production costs for those growers ranges from 3 to 4.66 USD for one plant of Phalaenopsis, 2.30 to 3 USD for Oncidium, and 2.60 to 3.60 USD for Dendrobium.
Click here to read the full report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-30 US (PA): Local florists prep for the year’s busiest day
- 2023-01-30 France is preparing a law allowing the industry to better negotiate with retailers
- 2023-01-30 Predictions for Valentine's Day 2023 are mixed
- 2023-01-30 Chinese New Year flowers gain traction in Chongqing
- 2023-01-30 Mexico: Supply chain disruptions pose threat to flower industry
- 2023-01-27 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 India: J&K Govt approves Rs 39 Cr mega project to boost commercial floriculture
- 2023-01-25 Carex proves to be problem-solving perennials for the home landscape
- 2023-01-25 "Khuzestan can be a hub of flower and ornamental plant production in Iran"
- 2023-01-23 UK: Nursery, registration, and supervision requirements to move or send plants for planting to the EU or Northern Ireland for non-commercial purposes
- 2023-01-23 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-23 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Vietnam: Tet flower sales reveal fertile floriculture market
- 2023-01-20 Italy: "Export grows, and the trade balance is doing well"
- 2023-01-20 Kenya: “We are hanging in there, but optimistic about 2023”
- 2023-01-20 Iran’s shipments of flowers and ornamental plants surge needs massive output
- 2023-01-19 Hong Kong: Despite border reopening, no budding sales mood among vendors at first Lunar New Year flower market
- 2023-01-19 US (TX): Florists prepare for a profitable Valentine's Day
- 2023-01-18 Iran: Flowers and ornamental plants export increase requires mass production
- 2023-01-18 How to market your floral industry website