- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Five plants competing for FleuroStar
Fleuroselect presents the five entries in this year's FleuroStar Contest. Each of these new introductions vies to be the next 'Winner with the Wow Factor', the variety with the highest visual impact at point of sale.
Argyranthemum Grandaisy Yellow (Moerheim New Plant)
Grandaisy - the latest interspecific breeding from Suntory - carries large yellow flowers. This cutting-raised Argyranthemum is a strong, disease-free performer which blooms early, is cold and heat resistant and therefore thrives in most climates. Grandaisy stands approx. 40 cm tall and is suitable for the patio, in balcony boxes and in bedding schemes. Its launch is supported with special labels and a website: www.grandaisy.eu.
Dahlia x hybrida Dahlegria Red Yellow Bicolor (Florensis)
The red-yellow bicolor flowers of this new Dahlia contrast against the dark chocolate colored foliage. Dahlegria is vigorous with good flower and garden performance. This annual reaches a height of 40 to 50 cm while the flowers have a diameter of 10 cm. Dahlegria is cutting raised and targets the premium summer sales market.
Dianthus caryophyllus Capitán Colón (Selecta one)
Displaying red flowers and white borders, Colón is one of the four varieties in the new Capitán series. This pot carnation line consists of upright growing plants with a short cultivation time that will fully develop their potential in big pots and containers. One cutting of this new Carnation is sufficient to fill a 17 cm or 19 cm pot with a rich flowering, 30 cm high plant.
GineTato - Egg and Chips (Beekenkamp - Thompson&Morgan)
GineTato is a new two-in-one concept plant that grows aubergines and potatoes at the same time. Suited for containers, this space-saving, dual-cropping annual is the next revolution for the hobby gardener who wants to maximise the use of his balcony or patio. GineTato offers three to four large aubergines above and up to 1000 g of white potatoes below the soil.
Begonia hybrid Miss Malibu (Dümmen Orange)
Dümmen Orange’s candidate for the FleuroStar Contest displays double, dark pink flowers. Thanks to its semi-trailing plant habit, this miss is suited for containers, hanging baskets and bedding schemes. Miss Malibu grows well in partial shade. This garden performer provides continuous color throughout the summer until the first frosts.
The FleuroStar Contest will be held during the FlowerTrials at nine locations in the Netherlands and Germany: Benary (at Kébol), Dümmen Orange (Dutch location), Fleuroselect stand at Takii, Florensis, Jonge Planten Grünewald, PanAmerican/Kieft Seed, Sakata, Selecta one (German location) and Syngenta FloriPro Services.
Over 30 professionals from a cross-section of breeding, production and retail as well as trade journalists and marketing specialists choose the Winner with the Wow factor.
During the FlowerTrials each judge will cast his/her vote after visiting one or more of the 9 Contest locations in the Netherlands and Germany. The winner is the variety with the highest average score on commercial potential and point of sale attractiveness.
Green Inspiration Event
The new FleuroStar winner will be revealed during the FlowerTrials week at the Green Inspiration Event. This networking evening, organised by Tuinbouwcommunicatie in cooperation with Fleuroselect, will take place on Thursday 16th June at RAI in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"
- 2021-05-17 NL: Van Vliet New Plants introduces Hebe Medieval line
- 2021-04-27 Amazonia White with Eye: South Tyrolean plant of the year 2021
- 2021-04-21 AmeriSeed introduces new Marigold
- 2021-04-09 "It is eagerly picked up by the trade"
- 2021-04-01 Hem Genetics presents new genetics in Pansy and Viola series
- 2021-03-26 Three new members join the Hollywood Hibiscus cast
- 2021-03-22 "Best possible growing experience for both seasoned and novice gardeners"
- 2021-01-05 Vitro Plus introduces 7 new hardy fern varieties
- 2020-12-17 Terra Nova Nurseries plants flourish in Damu Flower Valley
- 2020-12-15 Terra Nova Nurseries announces trifecta of trial garden awards
- 2020-12-11 Diamantina varieties showcased in new D.H.M.I. catalogue
- 2020-12-11 Winners Glazen Tulp Award 2021 announced
- 2020-12-11 Selecta One presents Poinsettia & Kalanchoe catalogue 2021
- 2020-12-10 “The power of Brassica Empire is being appreciated more”
- 2020-12-10 Highlights from the 2020 Australian Horticultural Trials Week
- 2020-12-09 Cyclamen trials 2020 in Fréjus: a special year, not without surprises
- 2020-12-08 Plantpeddler shares Poinsettia Variety Day 2020 results
- 2020-12-08 Jelitto presents new Alyssum and Campanula
- 2020-12-07 Japan: Ota Floriculture Auction picks flower of the year