- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
June 8-10 in Nairobi:
IFTEX: More growers opt for direct trade
The majority of the growers supply the FloraHolland auction in the Netherlands, and this increase in doing direct trade was therefore also visible in the statistics in the annual report 2015 of Royal FloraHolland. Last year, this Dutch auction sold less through the auction clock, meaning that turnover fell by one percent; whereas turnover from direct sales between growers and traders rose by 3.8 percent.
However, direct trade also involves more work, challenges and risks. In order to sell the products, the growers have to invest in marketing and online marketing. Besides that, when doing direct trade, it is not always guaranteed that you will sell your flowers and you have to deal with a lot of different customers, so also different payments. So, even though many growers are doing direct trade, they still use the clock to minimize the risk of not selling the flowers. Many growers are now selling through both channels; direct and auction.
The IFTEX is a good gateway to find new direct clients. The show offers the growers an opportunity to meet flower buyers from all over the world. Yesterday was a busy day. As well as the international flower buyers, many smaller buyers, who do not have a booth, are also visiting the show. And also the growers and suppliers who do have a booth visit the event. This creates a energetic vibe and a vivid atmosphere at the exhibition.
FloralDaily is also present at this three-day event to make a full photo report and review the developments in the Kenyan floral industry through interviews with suppliers, growers and visitors. The photo report will be published on Monday June 13, but you can take a sneak-peak here!
Richard Lesiyampe, Principal Secretary of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources officially opens the exhibition
Some of the exhibiting growers at the show:
Mercy Njuguna, Moses Kaigi and Kepha Gisore of Panocal
Ian and Washington of Suera Flowers
Jos van der Venne and Anna Isaevna Cherutich of Sian Roses
Peris Maina and Juliana Rono of Karen Roses
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 India: J&K Govt approves Rs 39 Cr mega project to boost commercial floriculture
- 2023-01-25 Carex proves to be problem-solving perennials for the home landscape
- 2023-01-25 "Khuzestan can be a hub of flower and ornamental plant production in Iran"
- 2023-01-23 UK: Nursery, registration, and supervision requirements to move or send plants for planting to the EU or Northern Ireland for non-commercial purposes
- 2023-01-23 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-23 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Vietnam: Tet flower sales reveal fertile floriculture market
- 2023-01-20 Italy: "Export grows, and the trade balance is doing well"
- 2023-01-20 Kenya: “We are hanging in there, but optimistic about 2023”
- 2023-01-20 Iran’s shipments of flowers and ornamental plants surge needs massive output
- 2023-01-19 Hong Kong: Despite border reopening, no budding sales mood among vendors at first Lunar New Year flower market
- 2023-01-19 US (TX): Florists prepare for a profitable Valentine's Day
- 2023-01-18 Iran: Flowers and ornamental plants export increase requires mass production
- 2023-01-18 How to market your floral industry website
- 2023-01-18 Vietnam: Exotic flowers boom for Tet
- 2023-01-17 China: Guangxi's Hengzhou grows into world jasmine center amid rural revitalization, providing 60% of global supply
- 2023-01-16 Production of flowers in greenhouses in Holland
- 2023-01-13 UK and EU work on final deal to end Brexit troubles
- 2023-01-13 Guess what the favorite colors in US are?