- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philips new Dynamic LED grow light
"An easier way to try out different light recipes"
More control over cultivation
This dynamic lighting solution is the latest innovation in Philips' GreenPower LED solutions range. Growers and researchers can now grow a variety of crops under a variety of LED lighting spectra and intensities with just one LED system. That means they can now work with dynamic light recipes as invented by Philips to meet the specific needs of specific crops, flowers and plants. A recipe combines the following elements: light spectrum, intensity, illumination moment, uniformity and positioning. Using a recipe, a grower can steer specific plant characteristics, from compactness, color intensity and branch development to flowering and more to improve results.
For instance, some plants benefit from different lighting spectra and intensities during different phases of growth, like the red coloration of lettuce. These elements can also be used to stimulate stretching or stem elongation to prevent a crop from becoming too long and floppy.
Easy to install and maintain
This dynamic lighting solution is equipped with software that makes it easy to adjust the LED color and intensity. A sturdy cable, connector and mounting brackets are provided, allowing the system to be easily installed at any height and location needed. An optional cable tree can be used to connect up to ten Dynamic modules to one junction box.
For more information:
Philips Horticulture LED Solutions
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 Lesson from masterclass: Crop lighting doesn't always work
- 2023-01-20 AirBlow system blows air into the floor, increasing efficiency of underfloor heating
- 2023-01-17 "Uniform lighting is essential for growing a consistent crop"
- 2023-01-13 Dutch orchid grower replaces SON-T with LEDs
- 2023-01-12 System gives roots extra oxygen: "It's actually a small water purification system"
- 2023-01-02 Towards smarter sustainable plant health choices in resources and technology
- 2022-12-23 "Even during the pandemic, the market demand for dataloggers has not declined"
- 2022-12-22 "Autonomous farm is just over the horizon"
- 2022-12-20 Is a fan without a wire guard more energy efficient?
- 2022-12-19 Natural, plant-based air purifiers? This bioengineered houseplant can clean pollutants from the air
- 2022-12-16 How developed is automation in greenhouse horticulture?
- 2022-12-14 "5 benefits of data-driven growing for high-tech greenhouse"
- 2022-12-09 How growers are gaining the advantage by adopting SaaS technology
- 2022-12-08 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-12-06 Photonics can help horticulture to measure faster and more reliably
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-11-30 Now also weather data in the Irrigation Management App
- 2022-11-24 The hydrophilic character of anticondens improves light incidence
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-11 Finding the balance to improve crop performance maintaining high energy efficiency levels