- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Give Plants highlights 'wasted opportunity' of giving cut flowers
But one Auckland businessman wants people to consider the wastefulness of giving flowers.
Jerrod Griffith is the founder of Give Plants, an online business that sells plants as gifts, and he said giving cut flowers was a "wasted opportunity".
"There's always a time when flowers are appropriate, perhaps on a wedding day. But especially around bereavements, give them something that's going to last."
Bereavement was the catalyst for Griffith starting his company, when he saw the huge volume of flowers given at a good friend's funeral. They were thrown out after they wilted.
He said gifts could be far less wasteful and with business sales doubling in the past year, it seemed more people all over the world were giving trees or plants, rather than cut flowers.
Click here to read the complete article at www.stuff.co.nz.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Top 10 of the busiest container ports in Asia
- 2022-01-21 Galentine's Day gaining recognition in the floral industry
- 2022-01-21 Gambia: "Floriculture sector suffers due to Covid-19"
- 2022-01-21 Rise in differing cargo theft types driven by conditions at congested US ports
- 2022-01-21 Vietnam flower village makes ready for Tet
- 2022-01-20 AU: "I expect logistics to remain an issue for the coming 3 to 6 months"
- 2022-01-20 Status of floriculture in India: with a special focus to marketing
- 2022-01-20 Australian Cabinet looking to ease close contact isolation as worker shortage increases
- 2022-01-19 Australia: Flower Power digs up $500m private equity buyout
- 2022-01-19 UK road freight prices are highest in three years
- 2022-01-19 ABN Amro: high energy prices to continue
- 2022-01-19 US and EU drop idea of removing Russia from Swift
- 2022-01-19 "Agriculture and horticulture unjustly underexposed in robot report"
- 2022-01-19 Baltica, top chrysanthemum of Deliflor in the white segment, moves within VannoVa
- 2022-01-18 Ireland: Ministers announce series of actions to support horticultural growers
- 2022-01-18 Flower farmers expect to lose over HK$1 million after fair ban
- 2022-01-18 Multiflora implements new LED wall for 4 auction clocks
- 2022-01-18 Consumer houseplant purchasing study 2021
- 2022-01-18 Italian horticulture hit hard, but quickly shows its resilience
- 2022-01-18 More Dutch agricultural and horticultural companies stopped in December 2021