- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ireland: New nursery stock/ornamentals advisor at Teagasc
Dónall has been working as a Teagasc Horticultural lecturer over the last nine years in Kildalton College and more recently in the College of Amenity Horticulture in Botanic gardens. Prior to that, he worked with Dún Laoighaire Rathdown Parks department. He also has experience in landscaping and in horticultural research.
Dónall graduated from University College Dublin with an Honours Degree in Agricultural Science (B.Agr.Sc.) He went on to complete an MSc investigating the phytopathogen status of native Irish apple trees.
A native of County Dublin, Dónall brings a wealth of knowledge and experience about the nursery stock/ornamentals sector with him. The Hardy Nursery Stock/ Ornamental Industry in Ireland is in a good position to continue its development over the coming years albeit against the background of having undergone significant change and rationalisation since 2008 on the back of the economic crisis. While Dónall will provide technical assistance to growers around specific management and production issues associated with propagation, IPM and sustainable production, he will work closely with Bord Bia and other industry stakeholders including the IHNSA to set a course for this sector towards 2025.
Speaking on his appointment Dónall Flanagan said: “It’s an exciting time to become involved with the industry as recent indications show increasing demand for plant material due to increasing economic activity. Growers and retailers can capitalise on these and other opportunities and I look forward to working with all parties to support them to maximise these chances. I have been fortunate to get to know many growers and retailers already through teaching and look forward to developing successful relationships over the coming years”.
Dermot Callaghan, Head of the Teagasc Horticulture Development Department, congratulated Dónall on his appointment, saying: “Dónall has an excellent track record of lecturing and working specifically in this area of horticulture and I look forward to supporting Dónall and ultimately the growers and producers operating in this economically important area of horticulture”.
For more information:
Oak Park, Carlow, Ireland
Tel: +353 59 917 0200
Fax: +353 59 918 2097
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 National Wildlife Federation launches Garden for Wildlife
- 2023-01-31 Johnny's Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 "We are no longer a newcomer by now"
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager