- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
July 25 - Aug. 5, 2016:
US (MI): 2016 Michigan Garden Plant Tour
In addition to the MSU Horticulture Gardens in East Lansing, Michigan, the participating tour sites are C. Raker and Sons in Litchfield, Four Star Greenhouse in Carleton, Mast Young Plants in Walker and Walters Gardens in Zeeland. The Michigan Garden Plant Tour is completely free, but the companies would appreciate a call or e-mail in advance to know you’ll be coming. For much more information on the tour, including highlights of each stop, visit the Michigan Garden Plant Tour website.
Last year, the tour launched a Michigan Garden Plant Tour Facebook page, which contains frequent updates and photos of some of the most exciting new plant introductions. See the plants as they grow, from the plants being produced in greenhouses to being transplanted outdoors to forming lovely displays. Join in the fun!
You are also welcome to participate in the annual MSU Plant Trial Field Day to be held this year on Tuesday, Aug. 2. This is probably the best opportunity to visit the MSU Trial Gardens to learn about and evaluate a wide range of annuals, perennials, vegetables and native plants. In addition to walking through the trial gardens, hear presentations from MSU gardens director Art Cameron and MSU trial garden manager Daedre McGrath about top-performing plants this year. MSU horticulturist Bridget Behe will discuss insights about consumer purchases, and MSU horticulturist Tom Fernandez will present great landscape shrubs for Michigan. Finally, the new perennial trials manager, Bethany Troy, will join Cameron in discussing great herbaceous perennials, both recent introductions and old favorites.
Registration is required for the MSU Plant Trial Field Day, and the early rate ends July 28. Lunch, refreshments, parking and a trial booklet are included in this one-day event. To register, go to: MSU Plant Trial Field Day. We encourage ornamental plant businesses to participate in the tour – it’s a great way to train your employees about garden plants and how they grow in the landscape.
Dr. Runkle’s work is funded in part by MSU’s AgBioResearch.
This article was published by Michigan State University Extension. For more information, visit http://www.msue.msu.edu. To have a digest of information delivered straight to your email inbox, visit http://www.msue.msu.edu/newsletters. To contact an expert in your area, visit http://expert.msue.msu.edu, or call 888-MSUE4MI (888-678-3464).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 US: Suntory Flowers returns to the Grammy awards
- 2023-01-31 How do flower and vegetable awards influence industry growth?
- 2023-01-27 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show to take place in March
- 2023-01-27 The Garden Electric is the theme of Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2023-01-26 UK exhibitor group ‘largest yet’ at Fruit Logistica
- 2023-01-25 Webinar: 30 perennials you are missing in 2023 (and why you should grow them)
- 2023-01-25 The consumer goods world is back in Frankfurt: Ambiente, Christmasworld, Creativeworld fully booked
- 2023-01-25 Brookdale Treeland Nurseries, Canada, wins AIPH International Grower of the Year 2023
- 2023-01-25 India: Four-day horticulture and floriculture show about to begin at Kadri Park
- 2023-01-24 Spring Festival 2023: Guangzhou flower boat fair revives age-old tradition
- 2023-01-24 US (FL): Floriexpo heads to Fort Lauderdale for expanded 2023 Edition
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 Typical Dutch: National Tulip Day
- 2023-01-23 National Garden Bureau offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 The 10th international Exhibition AstanaFlora – green gate to Kazakhstan
- 2023-01-20 The Bloom Show takes a new direction in 2023 with collaboration and connection at its core
- 2023-01-20 Fresh-o-Fair organizes 'International Florists Trip' to Ecuador 2023
- 2023-01-20 Upcoming webinar: new trade opportunity for Canadian floriculture and nursery growers