- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Hoffman Nursery recognized for promoting plants for green infrastructure
The award recognizes outstanding leadership and innovation in environmental stewardship in regard to water conservation, water use efficiency, and the development and implementation of green infrastructure (GI) by an individual, organization, or government entity.
In keeping with this year’s conference theme of green infrastructure, NCGIC Board Member Doug Chapman noted that Hoffman Nursery has positioned itself as a supplier to GI markets nationwide. The nursery team works with other wholesale growers to help them see the potential of grasses, sedges, and other plant species in meeting the needs of local and regional governments for GI projects. In addition, Hoffman Nursery is working to develop more demonstration areas on site. They want to show customers and visitors how the plants work and provide feedback for selecting new species and cultivars for GI.
The award also addresses water conservation and efficiency. Hoffman Nursery handles water on site with a series of bioswales and wetland areas to increase infiltration and clean the water. The system can treat the first inch of stormwater, and runoff is stored in ponds to be reused for irrigation. Buffer zones around ponds and waterways within the nursery also help ensure runoff is treated.
Jill and John Hoffman accepted the award and thanked both the employees of Hoffman Nursery and the North Carolina Green Industry Council for their hard work and dedication to improving the environment. According to John, “We’re happy to be increasing awareness of plants for green infrastructure, and we love seeing the market expand. The most fun, though, is implementing GI projects at the nursery. Seeing the plants in action and knowing they’re creating a better environment is pretty exciting.”
For more information:
5520 Bahama Road
Rougemont, NC 27572
Phone (919) 479-6620
Toll-Free 1 (800) 203-8590
Fax (919) 471–3100
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 "Sales worldwide have been increasing. especially in Japan"
- 2022-01-17 FlorAmor adds Clivias to Flandresse
- 2022-01-13 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2022-01-07 Breeder Wim Declercq celebrates 40 years at Gediflora
- 2022-01-07 Duynplant and Duijn-Hove to continue together
- 2022-01-06 Ecuador: Greenhouse construction Forever Flowers complete
- 2022-01-04 US (NH): "It does not only supplement our seasonal sales, it also keeps our staff busy and greenhouse full"
- 2021-12-20 A peek behind the scenes at Belgium nursery Plantura
- 2021-12-20 The roots of Colombia’s booming flower and orchid industry
- 2021-12-16 "The customer asks for the same product all year round, so that is what we started to grow"
- 2021-12-14 Ecuador: Greenhouses of new alstroemeria farm taking shape
- 2021-12-13 "In the past, organic production meant you’d lose at least 30% of your production capacity"
- 2021-11-26 Luray grower uses topless high tunnels to feed community year round
- 2021-10-25 AU: How a multigenerational family made a ‘flower change’ to Yass River
- 2021-10-22 US (FL): “We built a new shipping warehouse, improving our efficiency”
- 2021-10-21 "Outdoor growing gets more challenging with climate change"
- 2021-10-18 Mexico: “As a smaller company, we are able to prioritize small breeders and their creations”
- 2021-10-08 NL: "Nursery Gebr. Grootscholten is showing the way"
- 2021-10-08 Sowing seeds of passion: Horticulturist turns childhood hobby into niche business
- 2021-10-08 Vietnam: "We are working on a new platform for Phalaenopis trade"