- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Prince & Prince forecast $3.6 billion dollars in U.S. consumer floral purchasing for Valentine’s Day 2023
- "There is still so much to understand about the new market reality"
- Some popular foliage plants are ethylene sensitive
- SecondFlor is launching its platform in the United States
- Flor y Miel creates a better climate for flowers with Luxous and Harmony
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
August 25-27, Portland
US (OR): Farwest Show to focus on lifestyle and wellness
In one of her two seminars, Arthur’s ‘Marketing to Generation Me’ looks at opportunities for green industry professionals to reinvent themselves for the modern consumer, taking the lifestyle of gardening to the next level. She’ll share strategies to connect with and retain millennial-aged customers, from foodscape design techniques to modifying the product that supports a gardening lifestyle. Arthur’s fresh take will enhance the retail relationship with a new generation of gardener.
Arthur writes, speaks and appears as the Foodscaping correspondent on the PBS television series Growing A Greener World. She serves as the GWA National Director Region IV and is on the Executive Committee of International Plant Propagators Society. With a background in landscape design and more than a decade of experience in nursery production she inspires and encourages gardeners to appreciate all the attributes horticulture offers.
Peterson’s seminar, ‘Selling Wellness: Cultivating the Relationship between Gardening and a Healthy Lifestyle’, emphasizes that garden centers are a link to health and wellness for their customers. She’ll show how to develop special events and use displays and labeling to create awareness of the health beneﬁ ts of gardening. Retail customers want to be healthy. Peterson connects the dots between health and their love of gardening.
New to the Farwest Show, Peterson, is a Texas-based garden designer and owner of J. Peterson Garden Design. In addition to running a successful design firm, Peterson also is a writer, author, and speaker. As a breast cancer survivor, she specializes in educating others on how gardening helps enhance the quality of life, healing from the inside out, and helps to create balance and enhance wellness.
Arthur’s seminar takes place Thursday, August 25, at 10-11a, in Room B110-112. Peterson will speak Friday, August 26, at 10-11a, in Room B115-116.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 US: Green Career Week coming up
- 2023-02-06 LichtEvent: How flexible is lighting?
- 2023-02-01 US: Webinar - Choosing & scheduling Dianthus
- 2023-01-31 US: Suntory Flowers returns to the Grammy awards
- 2023-01-31 How do flower and vegetable awards influence industry growth?
- 2023-01-27 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show to take place in March
- 2023-01-27 The Garden Electric is the theme of Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2023-01-26 UK exhibitor group ‘largest yet’ at Fruit Logistica
- 2023-01-25 Webinar: 30 perennials you are missing in 2023 (and why you should grow them)
- 2023-01-25 The consumer goods world is back in Frankfurt: Ambiente, Christmasworld, Creativeworld fully booked
- 2023-01-25 Brookdale Treeland Nurseries, Canada, wins AIPH International Grower of the Year 2023
- 2023-01-25 India: Four-day horticulture and floriculture show about to begin at Kadri Park
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-24 US (FL): Floriexpo heads to Fort Lauderdale for expanded 2023 Edition
- 2023-01-24 Spring Festival 2023: Guangzhou flower boat fair revives age-old tradition
- 2023-01-23 Typical Dutch: National Tulip Day
- 2023-01-23 National Garden Bureau offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 The 10th international Exhibition AstanaFlora – green gate to Kazakhstan