- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Wider options for vehicle movements on ErfGoedFloor"
ErfGoed develops rail systems for cultivation floor
According to Paans, rail systems have already been made for use with the cultivation floor, but they are solely for specific sorts of cart. "As we have developed the system, taking it to the next level, many types of cart can now be moved to any part of the glasshouse."
From the cultivation floor to the pathway
The special trolley bridge, a sort of adapter that bridges the gap between the cultivation floor and the concrete pathway, ensures that the cart can be moved from the cultivation floor to the pathway without problems. "That was, apparently, a hurdle that growers often had to overcome. It's fine if you can move a full cart across your floor, but if you then have to lift that cart up to get it onto the pathway, the system suddenly seems quite a bit less user-friendly. So it seemed obvious that we needed to devise a solution." The special rounded shapes of the ErfGoed Trolley Track ensure that the system is easy to clean with a sweeper.
According to Paans, the ErfGoed Trolley Track is an ideal way to widen the opportunities for making a cultivation floor suitable for vehicle movements. "We delivered our first durable surface ErfGoedFloor as long ago as the nineteen-nineties. However, that floor could not be compared with the high-quality product that we lay these days. Our current cultivation floor has a unique structure that makes it the toughest cultivation floor around. So a fork-lift truck with big tires and a flat tread is going to be fine on the surface. There's no chance of rutting."
And the company from Moerkapelle has recently made a system for several growers incorporating fixed conveyor belts. "That means that the growing surface can be used as efficiently as possible, as the conveyor belts can, in most cases, also be used as a walkway. And small batches can be moved from any place without other plants having to be moved out of the way first."
Research and innovation
ErfGoed is continuously looking to improve its products. Paans: "The development of the ErfGoed Trolley Track is entirely in line with our vision of taking glasshouse horticulture and tree growing to the next level." ErfGoed will give an extensive presentation on the new rail system at the Cultivate’16 exhibition later this month.
For more information:
2751 GH Moerkapelle
T +31 (0)79 593 38 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 Advantages of burning ornamental grasses
- 2023-01-24 Lesson from masterclass: Crop lighting doesn't always work
- 2023-01-20 AirBlow system blows air into the floor, increasing efficiency of underfloor heating
- 2023-01-17 "Uniform lighting is essential for growing a consistent crop"
- 2023-01-13 Dutch orchid grower replaces SON-T with LEDs
- 2023-01-12 System gives roots extra oxygen: "It's actually a small water purification system"
- 2023-01-02 Towards smarter sustainable plant health choices in resources and technology
- 2022-12-23 "Even during the pandemic, the market demand for dataloggers has not declined"
- 2022-12-22 "Autonomous farm is just over the horizon"
- 2022-12-20 Is a fan without a wire guard more energy efficient?
- 2022-12-19 Natural, plant-based air purifiers? This bioengineered houseplant can clean pollutants from the air
- 2022-12-16 How developed is automation in greenhouse horticulture?
- 2022-12-14 "5 benefits of data-driven growing for high-tech greenhouse"
- 2022-12-09 How growers are gaining the advantage by adopting SaaS technology
- 2022-12-08 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-12-06 Photonics can help horticulture to measure faster and more reliably
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-11-30 Now also weather data in the Irrigation Management App
- 2022-11-24 The hydrophilic character of anticondens improves light incidence
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan