- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
In Memoriam: James O. “Jim” Nordlie
Jim was a lifelong supporter of the Michigan Floral Association. He also served as President of WF&FSA from 1966 through 1968 and was honored with the Leland T. Kintzele (LTK) Award in 1988 in recognition of his service to the industry and community.
Jim was honored with induction into the Michigan Floral Foundation (MFF) Hall of Fame on September 20th, 2011. Some of the more special photos at the award banquet showed Jim in his P-51 Mustang aircraft that he flew over northern China during WWII. In an article about Mr. Nordlie’s war experience, he was quoted as saying, “Our work was all low level, mostly dive bombing and strafing — bridges, rail yards, airdromes, warehouses, and military installations. Besides “ground fire,” our biggest problems were bad weather, mountains, dust storms, lack of navigational aids, and shortages of fuel.”
Jim had the opportunity to return to China and visit with Chinese Officers.
Jim is survived by his wife, Nancy and his two children, James Nordlie and Nancy Nordlie. He is also survived by his step-son, Howard (Susan) Wells, granddaughter, Emily (Ryan) Thrall, great-granddaughter, Taylor, Niece, Carolyn Louise, and many other cherished nieces and nephews.
A Memorial Service will be held at St. James Episcopal Church, 355 W Maple Rd, Birmingham, MI 48009. Date and time are still pending.
Condolences to the family can be written here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team