- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Prince & Prince forecast $3.6 billion dollars in U.S. consumer floral purchasing for Valentine’s Day 2023
- "There is still so much to understand about the new market reality"
- Some popular foliage plants are ethylene sensitive
- SecondFlor is launching its platform in the United States
- Flor y Miel creates a better climate for flowers with Luxous and Harmony
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Novelties at Plantarium 2016
Acer shirasawanum 'Munn 001' (Moonrise)
Acer shirasawanum 'Munn 001' (Moonrise) surprises everyone with its spectacular colours. The new leaves are bright red when they emerge in spring, forming a wonderful contrast with the fresh yellowy-green leaves. In the summer, Moonrise is entirely covered with almost luminous yellowy-green leaves. The tree is not susceptible to disease and does not suffer from leaf burn. Moonrise is winter-hardy down to -22 °C and must be pruned in the spring or summer. Prefers a sunny or semi-shaded spot in moist, well-drained soil. Moonrise is ideal for individual planting on the terrace or balcony, in group plantings, borders or mixed containers. This PBR-protected plant was bred by Carl Munn from Brooks, USA. Entered by Van Son & Koot BV from Kaatsheuvel, which is also bringing the variety onto the market. Managed by Plantipp BV from IJsselstein.
Berberis thunbergii 'Orange Sunrise'
Berberis thunbergii 'Orange Sunrise' has a neat upright habit with intense pink young shoots which change to dark red with an intense yellow edge as they mature. It reaches a maximum height of 1.5 metres and width of 40 cm. Bred by Gospodarstwo Skólkarskie Lucjan i Grzegors Kurowscy from Konskowola, Poland, which is also bringing the variety onto the market. Entered by Breederplants vof from Reeuwijk and G. Hoogenraad from Ederveen. PBR protection has been applied for.
Calluna vulgaris 'Lisann' (Gardengirls)
Calluna vulgaris ‘Lisann’ is an early variety in the Gardengirls range. ‘Lisann’ has a striking colour effect as a result of its purple buds and silvery foliage. It has an upright habit. Entered and marketed by Heidezuechtung Kramer from Edewecht, Germany. Bred by Johannes van Leuven from Geldern-Luellingen, Germany. ‘Lisann’ is a PBR-protected plant.
Daboecia cantabrica 'Angelina' and Daboecia cantabrica 'Rosella'
Daboecia cantabrica 'Angelina' has bright red flowers and is less sensitive than 'Amelie' during propagation and cultivation. With its large, pure pink flowers, 'Rosella’ brings a new colour to Irish heather. Daboecia cantabrica is particularly suitable for adding colour to tubs and pots in semi-shaded locations. The plant likes acid soil (below pH 5) and is reasonably winter-hardy (down to -10°C). These two PBR-protected cultivars were entered by Heidezuechtung Kramer from Edewecht, Germany, which is also bringing them onto the market. Bred by Kurt Kramer from Edewecht, Germany.
Hibiscus syriacus 'Rwoods5' (Magenta Chiffon)
The Chiffon series is characterised by its profusion of flowers and numerous brightly coloured, full flowers which can reach 10 cm. The unusual double flowers make the series unique. The Chiffon series is very easy to look after. The plants reach a maximum height of 2 metres and width of 1.5 metres. This Hibiscus only starts to flower at the end of summer and lends a touch of colour to the garden in the late summer and early autumn. Hibiscus syriacus 'Rwoods5' (Magenta Chiffon) has double flowers in an attractive purple-red colour. Magenta Chiffon is winter-hardy down to -25° C. The shrub requires pruning in spring. Plant in full sun in rich, damp soil. Ideal for individual planting on the terrace or patio, in a border, in combinations or group plantings. Magenta Chiffon is PBR-protected and was bred by Roderick Woods from Runcton Holme, Norfolk, UK. Entered by Boomkwekerij Ronald Roos from Boskoop which is also bringing the variety onto the market. Managed by Plantipp BV from IJsselstein.
Mandevilla 'BBYEL' (Bloom Bells Yellow)
Mandevilla 'BBYEL' (Bloom Bells Yellow) is a new yellow variant in the Mandevilla Bloom Bells series. Mandevilla Bloom Bells Yellow flowers early. With its large, dark yellow flowers which stay on the plant for a long time, it forms a striking and unique addition to this series which was previously only available in red and pink variants. The Mandevilla Bloom Bells have a good branch structure and flower early, producing large flowers in bright colours. Suitable for pot growing, 10 cm with a branch structure, up to 17 cm in a pyramid/rack. The plant is also extremely suitable for use in containers and hanging baskets. Bred by De Zonnebloem Breeding bv and entered by De Zonnebloem Jonge Planten BV from De Kwakel, which is also bringing the plant onto the market. PBR protection has been applied for.
Miscanthus sinensis 'EMPHIS01' (Red Cloud)
Miscanthus sinensis 'EMPHIS01' (Red Cloud) is truly an ornamental grass. Red Cloud was selected for its wonderful red panicles. This Miscanthus flowers abundantly and the plant's compact habit (with a maximum height of 1 metre) makes the flowers even more striking. Red Cloud is easy to care for. It is winter-hardy down to -23° C. This ornamental grass likes a sunny or semi-shaded spot and grows in any type of soil. Ideal for use as a grass hedge, individually on the terrace or patio, in group plantings or as a border. Red Cloud is PBR-protected and was bred by Empho BV from Beritsum, which entered the variety for Plantarium together with Hoogendoorn Holland BV from Wijk en Aalburg. J.G. Cammeraat vof from Boskoop is bringing Red Cloud onto the market. The plant is managed by Plantipp BV from IJsselstein.
Pennisetum alopecuroides 'JS Jommenik'
Pennisetum alopecuroides 'JS Jommenik' is a new yellow-leaved Pennisetum. At the start of the growing season, the plant is already an unusual sight in the border because of its yellow leaves. This new cultivar grows well, reaches a height of around 30 cm and is also unique as a result of its attractive seed heads. 'JS Jommenik' is a cross between various varieties of Pennisetum and was bred by Jan Spruyt from Buggenhout, Belgium. Entered by Hogendoorn Holland from Wijk en Aalburg, which is bringing the plant onto the market together with Empho BV from Berltsum.
Sedum x Orostachys 'Blue Elf' (SunSparkler)
Sedum x Orostachys 'Blue Elf' (SunSparkler) is the world's first Sedum x Orostachys hybrid. It marks a breakthrough in plant breeding as two different genera were crossed. This new ‘Blue Elf’ (SunSparkler) is PBR protected and was bred by Chris Hansen from Garden Solutions in Zeeland, USA. ‘Blue Elf’ has the positive qualities of both parents: the steel-blue rosettes and numerous side branches of the Orostachys genus and the sleek clusters of dark-pink flowers of the Sedum genus. As a bonus, ‘Blue Elf’ also has slightly fragrant flowers. Its compact habit makes it ideal for use in rock gardens, as ground cover or for individual planting on the balcony or patio. It reaches a height of 8 cm and width of 30 cm. Prefers sandy, well-drained soil in full sun. Resistant to heat and cold temperatures down to -25°C. Bees and butterflies are also crazy about ‘Blue Elf’. Entered by Gebr. Th. & W. Alkemade B.V. from Lisse, which is also bringing the variety onto the market. Managed by Plantipp BV from IJsselstein.
Vaccinium corymbosum 'TH682' (Blue Suede)
As Vaccinium corymbosum 'TH682' (Blue Suede) is self-pollinating, one plant is enough to ensure a good crop of berries. This compact plant is ideal for growing in a pot on the terrace or balcony. In the spring, Blue Suede produces an abundance of small white flowers. In the early summer, the plant produces large blue berries which are juicy and sweet with an extremely high vitamin and antioxidant content. In the autumn, the green leaves change to dark red. Blue Suede is full of flavour. An abundant crop of berries is produced in the summer. Blue Suede is PBR protected and was bred by the University of Georgia in Athens, USA. Entered by Van Son & Koot B.V. from Kaatsheuvel, which is also bringing the variety onto the market. Managed by Plantipp BV from IJsselstein.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"
- 2022-02-14 "Dahlias: the new symbol of love"
- 2022-02-04 "Historic partnership leads to new focal flower"
- 2022-02-01 "More and more, special features also increase the sales of standard products"
- 2022-01-28 Fleuroselect announces Gold Medal winners for 2023
- 2022-01-28 Ebbing-Lohaus kicks off 2022 with newly bred primroses
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"
- 2021-05-17 NL: Van Vliet New Plants introduces Hebe Medieval line