- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Illumitex hires floriculture expert David Jewell
David will share his extensive floriculture and sales experience in his new position as Eastern Sales Manager on our horticulture LED lighting sales team.
Rebecca Knight: I understand before starting here at Illumitex you worked for Syngenta Flowers and several seed companies. What was that like and what did you learn from these experiences?
David Jewell: "At Syngenta Flowers and Sakata Seed America I worked in the marketing department as the Flower Seed Product Manager.
"A fun part of my global role was interacting with the breeding team to develop new genetics that fit the market’s needs. While at Sakata, I also had sales experience and enjoyed traveling with the distributor sales teams to growers across North America. Through both roles I was able to build long term relationships in the horticulture business and came to have a deep understanding in their needs."
"Previous to working the Syngenta and Sakata, I was a distributor sales representative in the southeastern U.S. and owned my own greenhouse facility in Western Kentucky. Through all of these experiences, I’ve learned that the growing side of the business is very rewarding. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than helping my grower friends deliver the highest quality finished product to the consumer. Remembering that “happy customers buy more,” I’ve always worked on the premise that if I can help a grower with the right product at the right time, I feel I’ve done my part in building the best possible finished product possible."
RK: "What attracted you to come work at Illumitex?"
DJ: "I was attracted to Illumitex because I see that lighting in modern greenhouses is quickly moving to LED lighting. I love being associated with new product development and being on the “bleeding edge” of technology. When I learned about the job opening at Illumitex, I jumped on it and will work to help growers utilize our lighting solutions in their production."
RK: "I noticed in our conversations that you enjoy learning about the science side of LEDs and horticulture lighting – what drives your curiosity in this field?"
DJ: "I have a passion for the greenhouse business. Having a deep understanding of the genetics side of the business, I will enjoy learning about the lighting science that is in play with LED lighting. I also hope to help in developing and selling new revolutionary products through Illumitex. In the end, my objective to help Illumitex greenhouse customers is to find the best possible lighting solutions, enabling them to deliver the highest quality product to their retailers."
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team
- 2023-01-25 Dutch Flower Group becomes shareholder in Nini Herburg Roses
- 2023-01-25 World Horti Center opened in South Korea
- 2023-01-25 Yvan Hamel joins Sollum as Chief Product Officer
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): $150M available to California growers for energy-saving upgrades
- 2023-01-25 GLOBALG.A.P. presents new sustainable solutions at IPM Essen