- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
October 12, Chicago:
US (IL): LEDs Magazine launches Horticultural Lighting Conference
Connecting research and technology to end user applications, this specialized one-day conference will provide information on the latest technologies and techniques impacting the advancement of the horticultural lighting market. Addressing key business challenges and how to harness the potential of the market, the conference will attract a range of attendees involved in commercial growing, greenhouses, floriculture, vertical farming, city/urban farming and more.
"Horticultural lighting is revolutionizing the future of farming with technologies and innovations enabling year-round sustainable fruit, vegetable and flower production. This conference is the first of its kind, providing an exciting new platform designed to connect the companies manufacturing horticultural LED products with the end users on the forefront of the industry. With the market growing at such a rapid pace, a conference of this kind is essential in connecting buyers and sellers as well as sharing information, case studies and best practices," said Ms. Christine Shaw, Senior Vice President, PennWell LED & Lighting Network.
With Cree confirmed as the VIP sponsor and Everlight as the Networking Reception sponsor, the inaugural Horticultural Lighting Conference will focus on the latest science enabling year-round crop production and solutions to business model challenges and market entry, plus feature networking opportunities with thought leaders and practitioners and access to the latest products and technologies impacting LED horticultural applications.
Dr. Cary Mitchell, Professor of Plant Physiology at Purdue University and Director of NASA's Specialized Center of Research and Training in Advanced Life Support, will open the conference as the Keynote Speaker, addressing technical topics related to the science of horticultural lighting. Dr. Mitchell has chaired Purdue's Plant Physiology Program for six years, involved in the research of controlled-environment agriculture, space advanced life-support systems, controlled ecological life-support systems, mechanical stress physiology of plants and more. Also featured will be PennWell's first Horticultural Lighting Report, presented by Stephanie Pruitt, Senior Analyst for Strategies Unlimited.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 Greenhouses that tell you how they are doing: Can you imagine?
- 2023-01-31 Advantages of burning ornamental grasses
- 2023-01-24 Lesson from masterclass: Crop lighting doesn't always work
- 2023-01-20 AirBlow system blows air into the floor, increasing efficiency of underfloor heating
- 2023-01-17 "Uniform lighting is essential for growing a consistent crop"
- 2023-01-13 Dutch orchid grower replaces SON-T with LEDs
- 2023-01-12 System gives roots extra oxygen: "It's actually a small water purification system"
- 2023-01-02 Towards smarter sustainable plant health choices in resources and technology
- 2022-12-23 "Even during the pandemic, the market demand for dataloggers has not declined"
- 2022-12-22 "Autonomous farm is just over the horizon"
- 2022-12-20 Is a fan without a wire guard more energy efficient?
- 2022-12-19 Natural, plant-based air purifiers? This bioengineered houseplant can clean pollutants from the air
- 2022-12-16 How developed is automation in greenhouse horticulture?
- 2022-12-14 "5 benefits of data-driven growing for high-tech greenhouse"
- 2022-12-09 How growers are gaining the advantage by adopting SaaS technology
- 2022-12-08 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-12-06 Photonics can help horticulture to measure faster and more reliably
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-11-30 Now also weather data in the Irrigation Management App
- 2022-11-24 The hydrophilic character of anticondens improves light incidence