- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- AU: "I expect logistics to remain an issue for the coming 3 to 6 months"
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- US: Uncertainty looms over possible flower shortages ahead of Valentine's Day
- Angel Fresh, a fresh-keeping product for fresh-cut flowers
- Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Fleuroselect gathers a strong industry in Chicago
Ball Horticultural Company
The delegation received a company tour, starting at the Ball Premier Lab with its state-of-the-art facilities for pelleting, coating, germination testing and priming, and ending with a visit to the packaging and distribution centre. Afterwards, the delegation visited the magnificent Ball gardens with display beds for annuals and perennials with a wide range of Novelties from the industry's leading breeders, including a full Fleuroselect trial.
A changing retail market
Bill Doeckel, Retail Director of Ball Horticultural Company provided insights on the changing retail market in the U.S. In 2015, the total U.S. floricultural production sales added up to 3,8 billion dollars of which 48% applied to Pot & Bedding Plants. The market is characterised by a 50/50 split in between independent garden centres and chain stores.
Chicago, the bloomy city
Chicago is renown for its beautiful city plantings. During the city tour, the delegation admired the latest results in landscaping in Millennium Park, the extraordinary perennial plantings in the Lurie Gardens and an urban gardening project in Grant Park. Also the plant displays on Michigan Avenue were highly appreciated by the visitors.
Celex and Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling join Membership
During its Annual General Meeting, the Fleuroselect membership has accepted Celex and Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling as new members. The Dutch Celex is an independent company specialised in the breeding and selection of Celosia cut flowers as well as pot and garden plants. Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling Co. is the largest horticultural enterprise which initially worked with plug seedling production in China. The main products of the company are bedding plant seedlings, which include annual and perennial flowers, hanging plants, potted plants, vegetative plants, ornamental vegetables and fruits and mosaiculture materials.
Honorary Membership for Cees van Diepen and Josef Clodius
Fleuroselect awards an Honorary Membership to individuals who have given outstanding service to the Organisation. During the Gala Dinner in Chicago, the organisation recognised two great retired seedsmen Cees van Diepen and Josef Clodius. Cees van Diepen was honoured for his participation on the Board of Directors, his Presidency from 1997 to 1999 and his membership of technical committees over a period of 22 years. Under his ownership Kieft Seeds was a major contributor to Fleuroselect through the many varieties entered for trialling, the very best receiving a Fleuroselect Gold Medal for excellence in breeding. Josef Clodius (Syngenta) was meanwhile honoured for his contribution to Fleuroselect via his participation on the Board of Directors and as Special Advisor. He has been a driving force behind the modernisation of Fleuroselect in his continuing role as industry ambassador on behalf of the organisation. He was also recognised for setting up the Young Plant Conference and running the Market Survey.
For more Information
T: +31 71 364 91 01
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Substrate company works with NGO's to kickstart better life for Philippine coconut growers
- 2022-01-20 Dutch nursery growing fast, getting new greenhouse 'plant cultivation-ready'
- 2022-01-20 “Committed underwriters keep Life In Bloom TV show growing”
- 2022-01-20 Garden center consumer research results and webinar
- 2022-01-20 New construction subsidised for seven greenhouse horticulture businesses in North Holland
- 2022-01-19 Machine order from Kurdistan actually human trafficking front
- 2022-01-19 It’s official: Cartonboard can be recycled at least 25 times
- 2022-01-19 Poinsettia grower appreciates six decades working with Agra Tech
- 2022-01-19 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces timing of Q1 2022 financial results and conference calls
- 2022-01-19 Geothermal heat main installation begins
- 2022-01-19 Dutch nursery literally starts over after snowstorm
- 2022-01-19 Dutch startup Thermeleon heats greenhouses with thermal battery
- 2022-01-18 The Shinoda foundation retains the association resource center as management partner
- 2022-01-18 "Always being away and on the road is good for us"
- 2022-01-18 NRF Foundation Board names new chair and adds directors
- 2022-01-18 Dümmen Orange opens new office in Ethiopia
- 2022-01-18 Danziger Live kicks off 2022 with Valentine's webinar
- 2022-01-17 Mise en place: winter preparation for spring success
- 2022-01-17 Lorenzo Russo to join Bellpark Horticulture as new US sales representative
- 2022-01-17 "Even as a 'small' business, we sell a great product from a major player"