- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Fleuroselect gathers a strong industry in Chicago
Ball Horticultural Company
The delegation received a company tour, starting at the Ball Premier Lab with its state-of-the-art facilities for pelleting, coating, germination testing and priming, and ending with a visit to the packaging and distribution centre. Afterwards, the delegation visited the magnificent Ball gardens with display beds for annuals and perennials with a wide range of Novelties from the industry's leading breeders, including a full Fleuroselect trial.
A changing retail market
Bill Doeckel, Retail Director of Ball Horticultural Company provided insights on the changing retail market in the U.S. In 2015, the total U.S. floricultural production sales added up to 3,8 billion dollars of which 48% applied to Pot & Bedding Plants. The market is characterised by a 50/50 split in between independent garden centres and chain stores.
Chicago, the bloomy city
Chicago is renown for its beautiful city plantings. During the city tour, the delegation admired the latest results in landscaping in Millennium Park, the extraordinary perennial plantings in the Lurie Gardens and an urban gardening project in Grant Park. Also the plant displays on Michigan Avenue were highly appreciated by the visitors.
Celex and Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling join Membership
During its Annual General Meeting, the Fleuroselect membership has accepted Celex and Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling as new members. The Dutch Celex is an independent company specialised in the breeding and selection of Celosia cut flowers as well as pot and garden plants. Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling Co. is the largest horticultural enterprise which initially worked with plug seedling production in China. The main products of the company are bedding plant seedlings, which include annual and perennial flowers, hanging plants, potted plants, vegetative plants, ornamental vegetables and fruits and mosaiculture materials.
Honorary Membership for Cees van Diepen and Josef Clodius
Fleuroselect awards an Honorary Membership to individuals who have given outstanding service to the Organisation. During the Gala Dinner in Chicago, the organisation recognised two great retired seedsmen Cees van Diepen and Josef Clodius. Cees van Diepen was honoured for his participation on the Board of Directors, his Presidency from 1997 to 1999 and his membership of technical committees over a period of 22 years. Under his ownership Kieft Seeds was a major contributor to Fleuroselect through the many varieties entered for trialling, the very best receiving a Fleuroselect Gold Medal for excellence in breeding. Josef Clodius (Syngenta) was meanwhile honoured for his contribution to Fleuroselect via his participation on the Board of Directors and as Special Advisor. He has been a driving force behind the modernisation of Fleuroselect in his continuing role as industry ambassador on behalf of the organisation. He was also recognised for setting up the Young Plant Conference and running the Market Survey.
For more Information
T: +31 71 364 91 01
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team