- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
September 16, Houston
US (TX): Greater Houston Plant Conference highlights new plants
The event will be 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at the Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road, Houston. Registration is $60 and can be completed at http://ow.ly/HHib302HqQ7. Lunch is included.
“The conference provides the green industry of Harris and surrounding counties the opportunity to see what new plants are coming to the market,” said Paul Winski, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service horticulture agent for Harris County.
Linda Gay from The Arbor Gate in Tomball, will talk about tropical plants for the landscape. Dr. Dariusz Malinowski, Texas A&M AgriLife Research horticulturist, will discuss his work in creating new flower colors in winter-hardy hibiscus.
Breeding efforts concentrated on stabilizing the blue color both in full sunlight and shade resulted in this blue color, considered a novel color in winter-hardy hibiscus. (Texas A&M AgriLife Research photo by Dr. Dariusz Malinowski)
Breeding encore azaleas and other plant innovations will be the topic for Buddy Lee, director of plant innovations for Plant Development Systems Inc. in Loxley, Alabama.
Dr. Steve George, AgriLife Extension horticulturist in Dallas, will discuss the Earth-Kind research from its beginning to future expectations for the technique that conserves water and requires fewer chemicals. Winski will talk about the ornamental trials ongoing in Harris County.
Source: AgriLife Today
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 India: Colorful success at first Flower Trial event in Pune
- 2023-12-06 Singapore: Flowers that come to life at Gardens by the Bay
- 2023-12-05 4 Benefits of SAF's Next Gen LIVE!
- 2023-12-05 Finalists announced for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2024
- 2023-12-04 Singapore: Petunia Itsy Bitsy Mix wins People’s Choice Award at Gardens by the Bay
- 2023-12-01 Syngenta synergy at IPM Essen 2024 with theme ‘Every Flower Counts’
- 2023-12-01 German tree nurseries well represented at Plants4U
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-30 Point of Emotion: Highlights of Christmasworld 2024
- 2023-11-30 New format for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2023-11-29 Keynote speaker & past-winners panel; a new format for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2023-11-29 Jet Fresh Flower Growers awarded Social Responsibility Award
- 2023-11-29 Colombia: Second flower market successfully held in the municipality of Cajicá, Cundinamarca
- 2023-11-28 New Zealand: Amateurs ready to host professional growers at National Rose Show in Timaru
- 2023-11-27 Dutch freesia trade benefits from automated selection of freesia bulbs
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey