- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Mistakes to avoid when planning a greenhouse expansion
1. Not giving yourself enough time to execute your greenhouse expansion
No matter how good your greenhouse manufacturer is, or how fast your greenhouse construction company is, no one can deliver a turnkey greenhouse yesterday when you are placing your order today. Proper planning takes time, and crop deadlines are important. Discuss this early with your greenhouse manufacturer and they will be able to assist you in putting together a proper timeline so decision on details like, greenhouse structure, heating, irrigation, and the environmental controls can be scheduled to give you the finished greenhouse when you need it.
Focusing only on price when deciding who is going to supply all the components of your greenhouses
We all know that the greenhouse industry, like most industries in North America, has suffered from tough economic times, and it is easy to focus on costs when times are tough. But no one ever saved themselves rich. Cost cutting will only take a business owner so far. Capital investment decisions like building a new greenhouse, investing in hot water heating, or putting in rolling benches and energy curtains requires more than getting the lowest price, it requires a value assessment. Price combined with quality, delivery, after sales service, and ROI make an intelligent investment decision. Don’t be the one to buy something cheap only to find out that you got what you paid for!
Forgetting the importance of your crop sales and marketing
If you build it they will come! This is certainly one of those great movie lines that does not stand in the real world. Expand your greenhouse production to double your size, and you need to double your sales to pay for it. Sure some extra capacity makes good sense, but you need to make a business case for greenhouse expansion, and that starts with the top line of your income statement. Revenue!
Check the rest of the top 10 at GGS.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 How one farm cured the cold to grow year-round
- 2022-01-21 Precise relative humidity control to grow a high-quality plant
- 2022-01-19 Regional supply chain strategy of Dümmen Orange takes shape
- 2022-01-18 Ecuador: "We accomplished our goal of raising $75,000 for Forever Flowers 2"
- 2022-01-13 How to make sure greenhouse heater doesn't go to waste
- 2022-01-10 Turkey: Joint company awarded as the biggest cut flower exporter
- 2022-01-05 India: Polyhouse for floriculture comes up in EKH village
- 2022-01-05 Some of ‘oldest and rarest camellias’ discovered in derelict glasshouse in Yorkshire
- 2022-01-03 Cut roses are blooming in Chinese greenhouse
- 2021-12-24 Iran presents data on national horticultural industry
- 2021-12-22 "Now, we have a high-quality greenhouse we can be proud of"
- 2021-12-22 Switching from hot to cold cultivation? Consider the strength of the greenhouse
- 2021-12-20 US: Yakima County Master Gardeners educate year-round with Growspan greenhouse
- 2021-12-20 Six greenhouse builders with sublicense to build semi-closed greenhouse
- 2021-12-20 NL: Forever Plants Group starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2021-12-15 CAN (ON): Glazing finished at Hendriks Greenhouses
- 2021-12-13 Mediterranean greenhouses and the benefits of Industry 4.0
- 2021-12-10 China: Bench system in orchid greenhouse for efficient cultivation
- 2021-12-10 CO2 Gro builds CO2 solution in Colombian rose greenhouse
- 2021-12-08 Cuyamaca College shows off its new ornamental horticulture complex