- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pöppelmann MDF coverpots
Judging a pot by its cover
"We have noticed that more and more growers are ordering printed pots and decorative coverpots to set themselves apart from their competitors, boost sales, and promote their brand," says Lindsay Childers, Marketing Manager at Poppelmann Plastics USA.
Kim Cook and Lindsay Childers of Pöppelmann in front of the MDF Inmolded label pot at Cultivate'16 in Ohio
The MDF coverpots were introduced in 2015. They feature an in-mold label, so the design is permanently adhered during the molding process. "It won't scratch off or fade and is water-proof," Lindsay says. "There is a small sight-glass window in the design that shows the water level in the coverpot reservoir. Customers also have the option to customize these pots with their own design."
Holidays and custom designs
Growers can make their product stand out with these coverpots, by personalizing their plants for various holidays and occasions, increasing the marketability of their product. "These coverpots have been gaining popularity since we introduced them. We have customers requesting more prints for different holidays," Lindsay says. "We also have customers who have ordered custom designs."
The coverpots are currently available in a 12 cm and 17 cm size, as well as a new a 14 cm and 19 cm size. A water reservoir in the coverpot collects excess irrigation water. When used together with the Waterwick stick, it minimizes watering and care requirements.
For more information:
Poppelmann Plastics USA
2180 Heart Drive
P.O. Box 459
Claremont, NC 28610
Phone: +1 828-466-9500
Toll free: +1 866-886-1556
Fax: +1 828-466-9529
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-30 "100% home compostable bouquets with Eco-Wrap"
- 2023-01-19 "Building a true circular economy"
- 2023-01-11 “2022 has been one of the best years in the company’s history”
- 2022-12-09 US (FL): "This new building enables us to drastically reduce our carbon footprint"
- 2022-10-11 Koen Pack launches sample book with packaging materials
- 2022-10-07 "Bamboo sleeve: functional and less harmful to the environment"
- 2022-10-03 NZ: Biodegradable nursery pots to offer plastic-free alternative
- 2022-09-26 Minneapolis start-up plans win price for compostable flower foam
- 2022-09-07 Macpac showcases new packaging solutions at Four Oaks trade show
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-18 How one small change can make a big difference
- 2022-07-18 Modiform is choosing recyclable packs made from 100% recycled materials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of post-harvest quality of marigold flowers
- 2022-06-24 “We are filling a need for easy-to-use and sustainable online packaging”
- 2022-06-22 Plastic-free soil degradable seedling pots introduced to Australian market
- 2022-06-15 RipeLocker closes its first multi-unit sales deal with The Queen’s Flowers
- 2022-06-14 Online packaging: Modiform is introducing a new product category
- 2022-06-14 Clayrton's targets full-paper packaging for flowers and plants
- 2022-06-02 "People want to become more sustainable, and the transport tray plays a role in this"
- 2022-05-31 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution