- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Aluminium control panel increases operational reliability of light installation
Optimal heat management
Heat management for control panels has been an important issue for years. To realize optimal performance and extend the life span of all components of a control panel the temperature has to be kept under a certain value. The amount of components plus the load on these components cause heat development within a control panel. The housing material of the panels determines how well the heat is conducted and dispatched and therefore forms an important restriction.
To optimize the heat management and increase engineering possibilities Hortilux has developed an aluminium housing for the control panels. Aluminium is a much better thermal conductor than steel, which is currently used for the housing of most panels. A panel with an aluminium housing therefore stays much cooler.
Heat calculations NPR-EN-IEC 60890
Heat calculations executed following the NPR-EN-IEC 60890 norm show that a panel (0.38 x 2 x 0.21 mtr) with an aluminium housing is 10.8°K cooler at half height than a panel with a steel housing. At full height the temperature difference increases up to 18.9°K to the advantage of the aluminium housing. The heat calculations are conducted on a control panel with 16 groups / 9 bulbs 1000W.
Longer life span
The life span of all control panel components depends to a large extent on heat development and management. This new aluminium housing keeps panels cooler, resulting in a longer life span for all components. This innovative development increases the continuity and operational reliability of a company. Furthermore optimal heat conduction creates more engineering possibilities, which can lead to efficiency and cost reduction.
Greenhouse climate of less influence
Another advantage of an aluminium housing is that aluminium reacts differently to humidity. A humid greenhouse climate and the use of water and crop protection products are of less influence to panels with an aluminium housing. This also proves to be an advantage and extends the life span of panels in horticultural areas nearby the coast, which are exposed to salty sea winds.
For more information:
2681 TV Monster
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-09-03 More than one million electric cars in Europe
- 2018-08-31 NL: 2800 solar panels on the Havecon roof
- 2018-08-30 Climeworks raises USD 30.8 million to commercialize CO2 removal tech
- 2018-08-29 High expectations of glass-glass panels and energy storage systems
- 2018-08-28 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"
- 2018-08-27 "Renewable energy needs implementation plan to back up announcements"
- 2018-08-24 Huisman Geo established to focus on geothermal energy market
- 2018-08-23 UK: Ofgem audits - The day of the audit
- 2018-08-22 Video: Enriva delivers waste to energy project for glasshouse
- 2018-08-21 Solar-powered greenhouse production
- 2018-08-20 The Energy-Humidity Connection
- 2018-08-17 UK: Is the rising energy market ever coming back down?
- 2018-08-16 Irish growers to take advantage of energy to boost profits
- 2018-08-15 "Ten percent higher light incidence in greenhouse"
- 2018-08-14 US (MN): High school builds 'energy classroom' greenhouse
- 2018-08-13 UK: Ebtech Group celebrates 10 years
- 2018-08-10 UK: GrowSave expands into soft fruit sector
- 2018-08-09 US (AZ): Western Growers opposes renewable energy initiative
- 2018-08-08 UK: Life after the feed-in tariff
- 2018-08-07 Five advantages of energy curtains