- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
China's flower industry growing steadily
In July of 2016, the Ministry of Agriculture published the 2015 National Flower Statistics.
In 2015, China's flower total production area amounted to 1,305,500 hectares, with an increase of 2.77% over 1,270,200 hectares in 2014, the growth rate of which is slightly lower than that of 2013; the total sales amount is 130.257 billion yuan, with an increase of 1.81% over 127.945 billion yuan in 2014, the growth rate of which is 2.48% higher than that of the previous year; the export amount is 620 million US dollars, basically the same with that of the previous year. In 2015, China achieved stable flower exports, smooth flower production, as well as significant increasing domestic sales.
Provinces with sales amounts over ten billion yuan (RMB) in 2015 were Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Guangdong, and Fujian. Jiangsu's flower sales ranked the 1st all over China, which was 17.926 billion yuan, with an increase of 7.31% when compared to that of 2014, which is far higher than the growth rate of size.
The top 5 provinces evaluated on flower exports are successively Yunnan, Fujian, Jiangsu, Guangdong, and Zhejiang. The total flower export amount of the 5 provinces is 537 million US dollars, accounting for 86.61% of China's total flower exports.
The sales amount of China's freshly-cut flower products in 2015 was 12.71 billion yuan, with a decrease of 6.08% compared to 13.534 billion yuan in 2014. The sales amounts of freshly-cut flowers, freshly-cut leaves and freshly-cut branches were 11.369 billion yuan, 0.694 billion yuan, and 0.647 billion yuan.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 Kenya: "Valentine's Day production and prices lower than usual"
- 2023-02-01 "Iran needs to expand its growth in flowers shipment through Persian Gulf states market"
- 2023-02-01 AU: "It will be a year of weddings featuring colorful, natural, and sustainable flower arrangements"
- 2023-02-01 "If 2022 was the year of consolidation, hopefully 2023 will be the year of growth and 'normality' again"
- 2023-01-31 Miley Cyrus' new single 'Flowers' prompts massive boost in flower sales at Lidl
- 2023-01-31 Iran: More than 100 types of flowers and ornamental plants produced in Pakdasht
- 2023-01-30 US (PA): Local florists prep for the year’s busiest day
- 2023-01-30 France is preparing a law allowing the industry to better negotiate with retailers
- 2023-01-30 Predictions for Valentine's Day 2023 are mixed
- 2023-01-30 Chinese New Year flowers gain traction in Chongqing
- 2023-01-30 Mexico: Supply chain disruptions pose threat to flower industry
- 2023-01-27 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 India: J&K Govt approves Rs 39 Cr mega project to boost commercial floriculture
- 2023-01-25 Carex proves to be problem-solving perennials for the home landscape
- 2023-01-25 "Khuzestan can be a hub of flower and ornamental plant production in Iran"
- 2023-01-23 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-23 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Vietnam: Tet flower sales reveal fertile floriculture market
- 2023-01-23 UK: Nursery, registration, and supervision requirements to move or send plants for planting to the EU or Northern Ireland for non-commercial purposes
- 2023-01-20 Italy: "Export grows, and the trade balance is doing well"