- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
60 reports of hail damage
German cut rose production hit by hail damage
The hail hit the area around Hamburg in Northern Germany at the end of August. The hailstones that fell on Sunday, August 28, were the size of walnuts. Most of the damage was in the region of Vierlande, near Bergdorf, southeast of Hamburg.
Most companies had relatively little damage: between 20 and 60 broken panes. At around 15 companies, the damage was greater: up to 800 damaged panes. Crops were damaged at these companies as well. A lot of cut roses are grown in the region, and the resulting damage can be significant for these crops - especially given the fact that glazing the greenhouse will take more than two or three weeks.
The hail also left a mark in open field cultivation, in particular large-leaf cut flowers like sunflowers, and ornamental foliage like Bergenia.
Gartenbau-Versicherung representatives were quickly at the scene to take stock of the damage, and to provide help where necessary. Because the long-term damage is not yet clear, it's not possible to provide a total estimate of the damage. Preliminary estimates assume damage of up to one million euros.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 "We are no longer a newcomer by now"
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day